Bohinj has a small choice of restaurants spread across the villages. Don't expect a lot of different cuisines, but there's some lovely traditional restaurants and pizzerias inside the hotels, as well as a couple of gourmet offerings.
• Hotel Centre – Enjoy tasty homemade pizza and pasta, served by friendly staff. The pizzas are big enough to share, or you can order your own if you're really hungry.
• 2864, Bohinj Park Hotel – A fine dining experience with delicious and authentic local and international cuisine, complimented by the relaxing ambience.
• Hotel Kristal – Choose from a variety of local and international dishes, with popular choices such as goose, brook trout, wild game and dumplings. There's a good selection of wines too.
• Viharnik Café (top of Vogel cable car) – The best choice for amazing panoramic views of the Triglav National Park and Bohinj Valley – plus it offers a small range of delicious homemade dishes.
• Orlove Glave Mountain Inn (top of Orlove Glave chairlift) – Head here at lunchtime for a simple but tasty meal, chosen from the varied, traditional menu
In Bohinj, après isn't really on the forefront of the agenda. You'll find traditional restaurants and local bars - with great value drinks prices - but there isn't much of a fist-pumping atmosphere going on. Evenings are mostly spent in the hotels, relaxing after a day on the slopes.
• Kramar – This local bar is ideal for a quiet drink after dinner. They have a large choice of beer and wines, the ambience is great and the staff are more than friendly.
• Paviljon Bar – Overlooking the lake, this venue is definitely the best in town. It's popular every evening and has a good selection of music in addition to an atmosphetic torch-lit terrace.
This tradititonal festive custom is typical of most of the villages in Bohinj. Otepanje consists of young masked boys who make their round in the days preceing New Year's Eve. The masks and characters are different in every village, but the scenario is the same - they go from door to door to wish people a Happy New Year and to collect gifts. These could include foods like sausages or eggs, or more monetary gifts. Every group has its own harmonica player who plays for entertainment at the door of every home. An intriguing tradition, right?
• From the top of the Orlove Glave lift, there are some nice long blues and fantastic reds, good for mixed groups.
• The Viharnik Café serves tasty homemade dishes and has panoramic views from the terrace.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
As there won’t be a rep based in Bohinj, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.