Food is of a very high standard wherever you go in Norway, and Geilo is just as good. The small town has about 20 restaurants, with a surprisingly large range of cuisines - from traditional Norwegian to Mediterranean, American and Indian.
• Hallingstuene – People come from far and wide to eat at this incredible restaurant. Inside there's lots of little dining rooms with gorgeous traditional décor. The menu showcases mouthwatering local cuisine - you simply must try the reindeer.
• Bowl & Dine, Dr Holms Hotel – A 10-pin bowling alley with a retro American diner, serving burgers, pizza, nachos, chicken wings and scrummy milkshakes - a must for families.
• Karma – Modern and stylish, this welcoming restaurant offers delicious Indian curries. The varied menu also includes favourites like pasta, burgers, pizza and vegetarian options.
• Escalon, Dr Holms Hotel – Formerly a French brasserie, this is now a Spanish tapas bar, serving authentic Mediterranean dishes. Share classics like Spanish omelette, chorizo, scallops and meatballs.
• Ekta, Highland Lodge – Simple and tasty, here you can get large portions of local fare, from reindeer burgers to mountain trout or moose carpaccio.
• Stugu Café (Geilolia pistes) – Part bakery, part barbeque - offering a range of sandwiches, soups and burgers, plus plenty of outdoor seating.
• Havsdalskroa (Havsdalen lifts) – A modern hut that’s ideal for a relaxed lunch, with great views and a menu of fresh local food.
Drinking can be expensive in Geilo, so the après scene tends to be quite low key. Those looking for a social atmosphere are usually found chilling out in one of the friendly bars around the village.
• Dr Holms – Popular with locals and guests alike, this bar has probably the best atmosphere in town. If you head over here on the weekends, you'll also be treated to some live music.
• Off Piste Lounge – On one of the main thoroughfares, this stylish bar fills up when the slopes close. There's a different event on every night of the week, so expect live music and a lively crowd.
• South-facing Blue 21 is a good one to start the day on, as the snow is soft - and it's also beautiful at sunset.
• There are snow parks to suit everyone - Green 30 on Slaatta, Blue 65, and Tiril Parken on Red 54.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your journey.
There won’t be a rep based in Geilo, but we’ll email you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and give you details on how to pick up your gear, to make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check the Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities. If you need any assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.