Thanks to Bled's year-round popularity, there's an excellent range of restaurants to choose from - over 50 in all. It's always great to try the local Slovenian food, but there's plenty of international options as well.
• Bled Castle – Surely the food highlight of your trip, enjoy modern and refined Slovene dishes whilst taking in the most spectacular views over the lake. You'll get free entrance to the castle as well.
• 1906, Hotel Triglav – Named for the year it was built, this is one of the best in the area and overlooks the lake. The menu puts an innovative twist on traditional dishes, and everything looks as good as it tastes. Try the 7-course tasting menu.
• Ostarija Peglez'n – Small and cute inside, it has a reputation for amazing seafood. The pasta dishes are pretty good too.
• Pizzeria Gallus – Craving something hearty and filling? Head here for fantastic pizzas in loads of different flavours - like the Castle pizza with salmon, caviar and olives - followed by famous kremsnita cake.
• Okarina – Everything here is full of flavour, and the big menu has loads of variety - from soups and pasta, to steaks, venison and wild boar, to Indian and Tandoori curries.
• Viharnik Café (top of Vogel cable car) – The best choice for amazing panoramic views of the Triglav National Park and Bohinj Valley – plus it offers a small range of delicious homemade dishes.
• Orlove Glave Mountain Inn (top of Orlove Glave chairlift) – Head here at lunchtime for a simple but tasty meal, chosen from the varied, traditional menu
Bled is a sleepy village with sedate evenings. Any nightlife is concentrated around the shopping centre or the old town. Local bars tend to offer better value for money on drinks than hotels, so it may be worth taking a wander to find some good deals.
• Devil Bar – Underneath the Park Hotel, this bar is open until 4am and has beautiful views of the lake. This is one of Bled's most popular venues with crowds mingling over two floors and on the large outdoor terrace.
• Pub Bled – Slightly more vibrant is Pub Bled, which offers an array of drinks and cocktails, nice views of the castle and a mix of DJs. It's most popular with visitors to Bled, locals and students.
• Kult Klub – Like the other bars, the views from the Kult Klub are pretty great. It also hosts live music, with varying sounds and styles, serves a range of drinks and its walls are adorned with collages of celebrities.
• Rock Bar – The Rock Bar is attached to Bled's 'Ice Hall', which hosts evens including ice hockey throughout the winter months. The bar itself has a lively atmosphere, a good selection of drinks and light bites, and stays open from morning until late.
A series of fortunate events occur in December in Bled. Shop for seasonal gifts at the St Nicholas' and Christmas fairs, embark on a stroll around the lake that's illuminated nby flickering fire torches, or join in a Christmas concert at the Church of St Martins. Another interesting event is 'The Legend off the Sunken Bell' that takes place on Christmas Day.
New Year's Eve
Join hundreds of others on Bled Promenade, or head to many of the parties held in the hotels and bars around the resort for a few drinks before the midnight fireworks are set off. The next day, if you're not too hungover, make sure you go to the Festival Hall where you can listen to some stunning classical music for the annual New Year's Day Gala Concert.
• Sit on the terrace outside the Kavka Bar, sipping a hot chocolate and watching boarders in the snow park.
• The single-seat chairlift will take you to the top of Vogel, and there's a great long red/black run all the way down.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
Our reps will meet you at the airport and help get your lift passes, equipment hire and tuition sorted. They’ll also be available in Bled so, if you need anything during your trip, just check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.