Sestriere has a better range than many Italian ski resorts - as well as the usual pizza and pasta restaurants, there's lots of international cuisine to be found, with about 50 places to eat overall.
• Last Tango – One of the most popular in town, this is a cosy dining room with an open fire. The small menu includes regional dishes, with plenty of lamb, pork, beef, pasta and gnocchi. You can also order fondue or raclette in advance.
• Vineria del Colle, Grand Hotel – Gourmet Italian and Piedmontese specialities, beautifully presented. Try the traditional bagna cauda dip for starter, and follow with venison stew. There's a huge variety of wines too.
• Pinky – Fast, friendly and popular, this is the place to go for a quick and delicious pizza.
• Il Centro – Carnivores will love this place - it serves possibly the best steaks in town. There's also a large range of pizzas and, for dessert, you must try the chiacchere (like mini churros with chocolate sauce and whipped cream).
• Dieci HP – A restaurant and pub with live music and a great atmosphere. The food is sophisticated and beautifully presented.
• Le Graal (bottom of Montgenèvre lifts) – Reward your skiing efforts with a huge burger, steak or schnitzel and then soak up some rays on the sun terrace while you let it go down.
• Ciao Pais (Red 2000 piste) – Tucked away above Sauze d’Oulx, this cosy cabin has a genuine atmosphere and delicious local dishes made with fresh produce.
• Rifugio Aquila Nera – Located at the top of Nube d'Argento lift, this restaurant offers fantatsic views of Sestriere along with tasty pizza. The staff in here really add to the atmosphere, too.
Sestriere is quieter than Sauze d'Oulx, and lacks liveliness during the weekdays. However, there are a good choice of bars if you fancy a drink on your last run down the mountain, or shots at midnight. The resort is popular with young and old and the atmosphere picks up at weekends when the locals come to ski.
• Bar Sestriere – One of the most popular venues in town, Bar Sestriere offers well-priced drinks and live sports on the TV. It's a great venue to start your après ski.
• Pinky – This café-style bar is usually packed with Brits looking for a good time. And with live music most nights, you're sure to find it here.
• Black Pepper – A lively, chic bar with a friendly, European atmosphere. And if you're into sweet drinks, they make some really lovely cocktails.
• Kovo – A relaxed atmosphere, with great burgers and lively music at the end of the night to get you dancing on the tables.
• Banchetta has some really quiet reds - including Kandahar, the men's Olympic downhill run.
• The lifts back from Borgata and Sauze get busy at the end of the day, so head back early and stop at the GFC bar.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to Sestriere to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.
From Sestriere, you can easily access the Milky Way resorts of Sauze d'Oulx and Sansicario and, eventually, Claviere and then Montgenèvre, in France. With your lift pass you can head over the French-Italian border for one day during your holiday to enjoy the longest sledge run in France, the Luge Monty Express, loads of powdery runs and 2 border cross tracks, ideal for snowboarders and freestylers.