One of the world's most famous and popular ski resorts - and rightly so.
- Traditional yet diverse village that’s long been one of the most popular Austrian resorts for Brits.
- Hop between ski areas on the Zillertal Superski pass, with a vast 489km of piste to keep you busy.
- Known for it’s vibrant après scene, whether you want laid-back cocktails or dancing till dawn.
At the Ahornbahn mountain station enjoy some regional food at Café-Bistro, or head over to the White Lounge, where the Ice Bar and Igloo Hotel sit atop of Ahorn with breathtaking views of the resort. It’s also worth exploring the wider Ziller Valley, as your pass covers 487km in total, including the guaranteed snow of the Hintertux glacier. Après often starts in Pilzbar at the Penken top station and continues until late in town. Some of the most popular choices include Brück’n Stadl, Movie Bar and Ice. Every April, the Snowbombing festival takes over Mayrhofen - bringing world-famous DJs, bands and plenty of revellers.
Mayrhofen is a large, traditional town, so some things will be closer than others depending on your accommodation. But whether you prefer skiing or boarding, partying or lazing about in the spa, Europop or rock, up-market or budget - you’ll find something to meet your needs.
The 3S Penkenbahn cable car – thirty-three 24-seat gondolas, each complete with child-friendly access and WiFi. The large capacity has made queues a thing of the past. We suggest though, that if you are staying on the outskirts, you might want to use the free ski buses to nearby Finkenberg or Hippach to beat any crowds.
Skiing solo this season? Check out our other recommended resorts for single skiers.
Top 3 accommodations in Mayrhofen
from £379 per person
Alpin Hotel Garni Eder
from £389 per person
from £409 per person
£50 off per person
Kids Ski Free
- Free lift pass for children aged 5 years and under when accompanied by an adult.
- Free ski and boot hire for one child aged 12 years and under when two adults pre-book the same.
- Free helmet for children when pre-booking equipment.