Sauze d'Oulx has an excellent reputation for its food scene, and restaurants are often trying to outdo each other on quality and service. There are around 40 restaurants in the resort, so you'll have plenty of choice. The Old Town tends to be a bit more upmarket, whilst the main piazza leans more towards relaxed cafés and pizzerias.
• L'Ortiche – British-owned and run, this classy ristorante offers superb Italian fare that will surely put a smile on your face - from mains like slow-braised venison casserole and sausage truffle tagliatelle, to homemade desserts.
• La Griglia – Sit beneath vaulted stone celings and enjoy some of the best pizzas in town, cooked in a traditional wood-fired oven and with over twenty varieties to choose from.
• Il Cantun del Barbabuc – Formerly a stable, this beautiful restaurant offers superb Italian feasts, with inventive dishes like homemade taglliatelle with venison ragu and chocolate aroma, and hazelnut-crusted pork.
• Del Falco – Another British-run offering, where the owners are local celebrities. Choose from a full menu of delectable dishes, like wild boar carpaccio or roast pork with mushrooms. The homemade desserts, like tiramisu, are renowned.
• Sugo's – This chalet-style building is a must for pasta lovers. It's a really traditional place that offers fantastic food and big portions, all for a very reasonable price.
• Le Graal (bottom of Montgenèvre lifts) – Reward your skiing efforts with a huge burger, steak or schnitzel and then soak up some rays on the sun terrace while you let it go down.
• Ciao Pais (Red 2000 piste) – Tucked away above Sauze d’Oulx, this cosy cabin has a genuine atmosphere and delicious local dishes made with fresh produce.
• Le Capanna Mollino (top of Lago Nero chairlift) – Looking for a quick bite? Stop here to grab a simple snack or hot drink before whizzing off again.
Sauze d'Oulx is definitely the liveliest village in the Milky Way. It's popular with Brits and made for those who aim to be out until the early hours.
• Queen's Lounge – Located in the Relais des Alpes Hotel, this cosy pub-style venue is relaxing and even shows all the major football matches.
• Sports Café – Cheap cocktails, a large open fire and different sporting events throughout the season makes this place a hit with the locals.
• Miravallino – A great venue for delicious cocktails and a buzzing après atmosphere in the centre of the resort.
• Lampioni – You'll find this quaint little wine bar in the old town serving typical Piemontese wines - great spot for experiencing true Italian culture.
• Village Café – Grab a beer and get mingling at this atmospheric venue, straight off the slopes at Clotes.
End of the year celebrations
The night before New Year's Eve is a big'un in Sauze d'Oulx - you'll be entertained with a torchlight procession, lively music and even a fireworks display.
• In the morning, bask in sunshine in the Bowl, and then head to the Sportinia in the afternoon for an aperitivo.
• For lunch, try Monte Triplex, which has a huge sunny terrace, great pizzas and reasonable prices.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to [RESORT NAME
] to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
With lots of pedestrianised and cobbled, narrow streets, coach access in Sauze d’Oulx is fairly limited. For most accommodations, when you arrive in resort, the coaches will drop you off at the Tourist Information Centre in resort. From here, you’ll leave your luggage with us – we’ll sort out all the logistics of transporting your things to your accommodation – before heading off on a resort walkabout with our reps who will help you get your bearings and escort you to where you’ll be staying.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.
From Sauze d'Oulx, you can ski over to the other resorts in the Milky Way including Sestriere, Claviere, Sansicario, all in Italy, and Montgenèvre, in France. It can be time consuming to get to France on skis - it's much easier to drive there - but one day is included on your lift pass, so why not? From Sauze d'Oulx you'll need to ski west to Sansicario and then take a 2-stage gondola to near the Cesana Torinese which links to the French resort. Montgenèvre offers 65km of piste and on top of that, you'll get to say that you've skied two countries in one day.