With around 70 to choose from, Tignes has an excellent range of restaurants, with something for every palate and budget. Most places are casual and affordable, to suit the resort's popularity with young people. However, gourmet meals can be found, for those who want something a bit more special.
• Couloir, Val Claret – Traditional and friendly, this is one of the most popular in resort. The international menu includes tasty dishes like almond-coated camembert, crispy pork belly, burgers and côte de boeuf.
• Tignes Cuisine, Le Lac – An eclectic and varied Asian menu, with Indian, Thai and Malaysian curries and noodles, as well as Chinese rice, sweet and sour chicken and crispy duck. Try the 3-course set menu.
• L'Armailly, Les Brévières – Small and beautifully rustic, here you can find delicious fondue, raclette, braserade and tartiflette, as well as excellent pizzas. They're also known for their great wine cellar.
• La Table en Montagne, Hotel Suites du Nevada, Val Claret – A 5* contemporary Savoyard restaurant, serving up beautiful plates of food. The menu includes dishes like lobster pudding, pigeon pie and roast duckling with honey.
• Daffy's Café, Val Claret – Retro diner with an American/Tex-Mex menu - tapas, nachos, quesadillas, tacos, burritos, fajitas, chicken wings, ribs, steaks, burgers, hot dogs, fish and chips, plus classic desserts and milkshakes.
• Loop (bottom of Tovière gondola) – A Tignes institution, Loop is famous for its feel-good atmosphere, upbeat music, a big terrace and tasty food.
• Le Panoramic (top of funicular) – Easy to get to for all skiers and non-skiers, here you can treat yourself to gourmet food and incredible views, plus meet the resident St Bernard dog.
• Le Brussel’s (top of Savonnette drag lift) – Sit down for a proper high-quality lunch in this brasserie-style eatery, or just lounge on the terrace with a hot drink.
Tignes is comprised of numerous villages, with Le Lac and Val Claret being the liveliest, though you'll find there's a unique and friendly buzz about them all.
• Couloir – This is one of the most popular bars, located in upper Val Claret. Most days you can listen to some amazing acoustic singer-songwriters, and one night a week you can boogie on down to soul and funk.
• Drop Zone – Great staff and international DJs make this one of the best choices for a wild night - or you can just chill out, watching sports on the TV or playing pool.
• Saloon Bar – Head here for a game of pool, to catch the matches on Sky Sports or to dance along to the resident DJ - they have a daily happy hour too, in case you were wondering.
• Underground Bar – Aim to get here between 3pm and 6pm during their happy hour - the prices start off cheap and increase in price by 50c every half an hour.
• Marmot Arms – Skiers flock to this Le Lac après joint for happy hour, wallet-friendly snacks and live music that'll have your feet tapping.
• 247 Bar – With live DJs, dancers, flavoured rum and delicious tapas, you won't go wrong here. The music is loud and cheesy and fancy dress is encouraged.
Make sure you're around on the days leading up to Christmas otherwise you'll miss magical stories and unbelievable fireworks in Tignes Le Lac, and the fantastic parade that takes places in Val Claret and Le Lac.
If you're a fan of pop and rock music, you'll love celebrating New Year's Eve in Tignes. You'll be able to bust some moves on Europe's highest dancefloor - the Snowfront in Tignes Le Lac - alongside RTL2 French radio station DJs. There'll also be a huge fireworks display at midnight, so don't go to bed early.
• The Sunday and Thursday market in Le Rosset, Le Lac is a feast for the eyes and the stomach.
• The runs at the top of the Aiguille Percée offer perfect skiing on sunny slopes.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to Tignes to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.