Hotel Taj-I Mah, Arc 2000in , France
- On the slopes next to the Cabriolet lift, just a 1-minute walk from the resort centre.
- High-end restaurant and casual restaurant to choose from.
- Indoor pool and beautiful spa with sauna, steam room, whirlpool and salt wall.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
The Taj-I Mah is the height of luxury in Les Arcs. Even its name alludes to its impeccable quality – it’s named for the largest un-mounted diamond in the Iranian Crown Jewels collection, and translates to ‘Crown of the Moon’.
This 5-star hotel is the perfect blend of luxury and comfort, with soft furnishings and striking modern art. And you certainly won’t forget where you are in the world – there are huge windows everywhere, to let in loads of natural light and allow gorgeous mountain views. Each of the 48 rooms is well supplied with modern amenities, like free WiFi and a coffee maker, and there’s a good choice of sizes and views.
The facilities match the top-notch status too. The beautiful wellness area has a large indoor pool as well as a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, salt wall, experience showers and relaxation area – plus there’s a team of beauticians on hand to help you relax and unwind with spa treatments or massages.
Even families can find peace at the Taj-I Mah – there are loads of facilities for kids, like a playroom, special kids’ menus in the restaurants and bar, babysitting service and even a pre-bookable Baby Pack, with all the equipment you need for infants.
Mealtimes are certainly something to remember here. There are two restaurants to choose from; the casual L'Atelier d'Eric, which serves tasty home cooking and has a cosy atmosphere, or the gourmet Le Diamant Noir, run by Michelin-starred chef Eric Samson. Le Diamant Noir also has an outdoor terrace, with panoramic views of the resort and slopes. At the end of the day, you can sit back in the lounge bar and enjoy a couple of drinks and some live music.
And the best bit? The hotel is right on the slopes, next to the cabriolet lift and just a minute's walk from the resort centre.
2-for-1 lift passes
· next to the cabriolet lift · 1 minute's walk to the resort centre · less than 1 minute's walk to the ski school meeting point
All rooms have a flatscreen TV, free WiFi (or extra charge for high-speed WiFi), safe, minibar and coffee maker.
Twin or double room (24m²) - sleeps 2: Twin beds or double bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony with views over the village.
Twin or double room (24m²) - sleeps 2: Twin beds or double bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and south-facing balcony with panoramic views.
Superior twin or double room (29m²) - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds or double bed, extra single bed, private bath, shower, WC and balcony with views over the village.
Superior twin or double room (29m²) - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds or double bed, extra single bed, private bath, shower, WC and south-facing balcony with panoramic views.
Family room (48m²) - sleeps 4 (max 2 adults): Two pairs of twin beds or two double beds, private bath, shower, WC and south-facing balcony with panoramic views.
An optional Baby Pack is available for an extra charge (approx. €20 per night) and includes a baby cot with sleeping bag, bath, bath thermometer, changing mat and bottle warmer. Pushchairs are available from reception.
· indoor pool · wellness areas with sauna, steam room, whirlpool, salt wall, experience showers and relaxation zone · extra charge for treatments, massage and children's massage · use of the fitness centre at La Source des Arcs Residence (20m away) · Le Diamant Noir restaurant · L'Atelier restaurant · 24-hour room service · lounge bar with fireplace · sun terrace · live music · extra charge for Baby Pack with cot, sleeping bag, bath, bath thermometer, changing mat and bottle warmer · pushchairs are available from reception · extra charge for babysitting on request · extra charge for car parking · in-house ski shop · ski room · 24-hour reception and concierge · free WiFi throughout · 48 rooms
· buffet breakfast · afternoon snack for children · evening meals taken in either L'Ateleir d'Eric restaurant or Le Diamant Noir restaurant, from the half board menu (à la carte menu available for an extra charge) · childrens' menu · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Special offers for Winter 19/20
Complimentary stay for one child up to 12 years of age, booked on half board basis, when sharing the same room as two adults. Only available on selected dates.
Please note: All offers are subject to change and may have booking or travel date restrictions.
When you arrive in Les Arcs, the coach isn’t able to take you right up to the door of the Hotel Taj-I Mah. Therefore, when you arrive in resort, you'll be dropped off at a central point. From here, you'll head off on foot to the Hotel Taj-I Mah, a 7-minute walk away. Make sure you wear some sturdy shoes and warm clothing – it can get a bit snowy underfoot. In addition, an optional luggage delivery service is available on arrival should you wish to have your luggage transported to your accommodation for you.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.