Ruka Village Hotel & Apartmentsin , Finland (Lapland)
- In the centre of the village, just a few steps from the lifts.
- Modern studios and apartments.
- All rooms have a private sauna and drying cabinet.
- Next door to the shopping centre, bowling alley and indoor play area.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
Just looking at the Ruka Village Hotel and Apartments, it’s obvious they were designed with skiers in mind. The location is perfect - in the middle of a pedestrian village, less than a minutes’ walk from the ski lifts, so you grab fresh tracks. The main ski school area is a short shuttle ride away on the east side of the mountain and the bus stop is a few steps from the hotel door.
Ruka is a small resort, so all the amenities are close by. The Kumpare shopping centre is right next door, so you can stock up in the supermarket, play a few games in the bowling alley, or let the kids run riot in the Adventure House indoor play area.
You can choose between a hotel studio or a self-catering apartment, the latter being larger and great for families or groups. Whichever you go for, the rooms are spacious, warm and modern in design. All of them have well-equipped kitchens – especially handy given that dining out can be quite expensive.
Arguably the best feature of the rooms is the Finnish staple – a private sauna. Or you can go a step further and choose a Type G apartment, which comes with its own hot tub on the balcony – you’ll definitely thank yourself after a day spent in sub-zero temperatures.
Breakfast is included if you’re staying in a studio. Taken in the Colorado bar, you can dig into the generous buffet to set you up for the day.
£50 off per person
· in the centre of the village · less than one minutes’ walk to the main ski lifts · ski school pick-up point just yards from hotel ·15 minutes’ bus ride to the ski school, with the Rosa and Rudolph Snow Park for children · less than one minutes’ walk to the activity pick up point · next to the Kumpare shopping centre, with supermarket, bowling alley and indoor play area
All rooms have a kitchenette with a microwave, hobs, fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker and kettle; bathroom with shower, WC and sauna; drying cabinet for clothes; flatscreen TV and DVD player; free WiFi; and balcony. Bed linen and towels are included.
Type B1 Studio (30m²) - sleeps 2-3: Living area with twin beds and a single sofa bed.
Type E Apartment (45m²) – sleeps 2-6: Living area with a double sofa bed (suitable for two adults), one twin bedroom and an alcove bedroom with bunk beds. These apartments also have an oven.
Type E1 Apartment (60m²) – sleeps 2-6: Larger than a Type E apartment, with a living area and double sofa bed (suitable for two adults) and two twin bedrooms. These apartments also have a washing machine and oven.
Type G Apartment (88m²) – sleeps 2-8: Living area with double sofa bed (suitable for two adults), two twin bedrooms and an alcove bedroom with bunk beds. These apartments also have a washing machine, oven, two private balconies, an additional WC and a hot tub
Please note: If you book a Type B1 Studio, you will get breakfast each day at the Colorado restaurant. All the other apartments are self-catering with a larger kitchen.
· Colorado bar and restaurant · ski lockers · fitness room · pool table · children’s playroom · private saunas
· breakfast included for customers staying in a studio · optional upgrade to bed and breakfast · breakfast taken in Colorado restaurant on the ground floor
Special offers for Winter 19/20
· Free and reduced price holidays for children aged 2-15 incl. All you need to pay is the underoccupancy supplement based on the number of full fare paying adults.
Exclusive to Crystal
This accommodation is only available through brands operated by TUI Travel PLC in the UK including Crystal.
Step straight onto the slopes from your hotel and avoid any awkward ski bus transfers.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Best for families
A great choice for families, geared to make life easier for parents - and more fun for kids. Featuring one or more of the following: family rooms, free child places, kids clubs and one-parent savers.