Fairmont Chateau Whistlerin , Canada
- Ski-in, ski-out at the base of Blackcomb Mountain.
- Heated outdoor pool and hot tub overlooking the mountain.
- Complimentary shuttle or 5-minute walk to Whistler Village.
- Slopeside bar and outdoor patio with fire pits, perfect for an après drink.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Holiday Overall Rating
So what's it like?
Sitting at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is one of the most prestigious luxury hotels in Whistler, known particularly for its great service and fantastic facilities. The property is one of the Top 5 for Fairmont Gold and is also one of the largest hotels in Whistler with 539 rooms. Step outside and you're already on the slopes, just moments from the lift, and a short, beautiful walk through the trees and across a stream to the centre of the resort with all its bars, restaurants and shops. If you're not keen on walking, there's a free shuttle bus that will take you there too.
The gigantic lobby is extremely welcoming and atmospheric with its plush sofas, open-plan bar and lounge area and high ceilings. There's even complimentary flavoured water too. There are spectacular views at every turn - the Mallard Bar takes centre stage, with its chocolate tastings and daily live entertainment. Opposite here is The Grill Room serving some of the best steaks you'll find in British Colombia, and the Portobello, just downstairs, is famous for its maple bacon donuts and delicious pastries. Head outside and enjoy smores over the huge firepits with fabulous views of the mountains.
The hotel also houses a parade of gift and clothes shops and a sleek spa with two outdoor pools, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms and a large fitness room with both cardio and weighted equipment. If you head down a couple of floors you'll find the Whistler Experience Guide who offers daily excursions like snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
The bedrooms definitely don't disappoint either. You'll sink into the huge beds - and we won't blame you if you don't want to get up in the morning - they all have great views, whether its slopeside or village-facing, and the rainforest shower heads are beautifully refreshing.
The Fairmont Gold rooms here are equally as divine, but the taps are gold, they all come with Bose stereos, and there are bigger toiletries. What's more, they all have access to the lounge where you'll get daily Hor d'Ouvres, speciality coffees and even more exclusive perks.
£50 off per person
· perfect ski-in, ski-out location at the foot of Blackcomb Mountain · high speed chairlift starts at hotel · 5 minutes' walk to Whistler Village centre - free shuttle bus available
All rooms have a hairdryer, bathrobes, cable TV with in-house movies, tea/coffee making facilities, iron/ironing board, safe and phone.
Fairmont Room - sleeps 1-2: One king or two queen beds, private bath and shower, or shower only, WC and upper village or woodland views.
Fairmont Room - sleeps 1-4: One king or two queen beds, private bath and shower, or shower only, WC and upper village or woodland views.
Deluxe Room - sleeps 2-4: One king or two queen beds, private bath and shower, or shower only, and WC. Valley view.
Deluxe Room - sleeps 1-4: One king or two queen beds, private bath and shower, or shower only, and WC. Slopeside view.
Junior Suite - sleeps 1-3: One king bed and double sofa bed, private bath, shower, WC and woodland terrace views.
Fairmont Gold Room - sleeps 2: One king bed, private shower, jetted bath, WC and woodland or Rainbow Mountain views, plus gas fireplace, free WiFi and twice daily housekeeping. Located on two floors of the hotel, these rooms provide the utmost in luxury and service with your own concierge and lounge offering breakfast and post ski appetisers.
Please note: Fairmont rooms are located on the lower floors of the hotel.
· five restaurants, ranging from fine dining to casual · bar · huge lobby lounge area with live music · complimentary health club with indoor/outdoor pool, hot tubs, sauna, two steam rooms and fitness room · extra charge for full service Vida Wellness Spa offering massage, body wraps, facials, pedicures and more · complimentary ski valet · nightly turn down service on Fairmont Gold · free WiFi throughout · lift · 539 bedrooms
· optional upgrade to bed and breakfast with extensive buffet breakfast · free deluxe breakfast for customers in Fairmont Gold rooms · optional upgrade to half board with daily buffet breakfast at the Wildflower restaurant and a choice of evening meal options from the Wildflower (3 courses with a choice of menu, some items at a surcharge), Chalet (fondue restaurant, 3 courses with 'Classic' package), the Grill Room for a supplement (one of Whistler's top restaurants, 3 courses) and Mallard Lounge Bar (2 courses, choice of main and dessert), plus Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve speciality dinners taken at the Wildflower
Taxes and tips are included.
Spa and Wellness
Take an afternoon off from your ski boots and soothe every inch of your body in Whistler’s spectacular spa, which promotes healing and health in a beautiful mountain setting.
Whether you want to energise your body or relax your mind, you’ll leave Fairmont’s Health Club satisfied. Glide across the outdoor pool with its soothing underwater music, or bathe in the indoor/outdoor leisure pool. Enjoy a bubbling massage in one of the four hot tubs, three of which you’ll find outside, then purify the body in either the sauna or one of the eucalyptus steam rooms. If you want to be extra healthy you can take part in the complimentary yoga classes or work out in the large fitness room, equipped with both cardio facilities and weights.
The Vida Spa offers an opportunity to escape the real world to enter natural elegance. In the 15 treatment rooms you’ll get to experience glorious massages and baths based on Ayurveda – an ancient Indian medicine – as well as the more typical hot stone, Swedish and Thai massages, body wraps, facials and nail treatments. Additional charges will apply on treatments which can be booked and paid for locally.
Room keys are required for access to the Health Club and fitness centre. No customer under the age of 16 years is permitted to enter the fitness area. No customer under the age of 12 years can use the swimming pools unless accompanied by an adult.
Good to know
Rooms are recommended for a maximum occupancy of three adults and one child, and the price of the room is the same regardless of the bed configuration.
This hotel has an outdoor pool.
Step straight onto the slopes from your hotel and avoid any awkward ski bus transfers.
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
Room only includes accommodation only.