Grand Hotelin , Austria
- Superb luxury hotel complex set in a beautiful central location on the lake.
- Free shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes to the City Xpress gondola.
- Indoor Roman bath-style pool with separate kids' pool, and wellness area.
- Beautiful Imperial Bar with open fire.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
Before you’ve even entered the Grand Hotel you’ll understand why it is so named. Its prominent lakeside location is arguably the finest in Zell am See – jutting out into the lake to provide panoramic views. Plus you’re only moments from the centre of Zell.
The Grand dates back to the nineteenth century and the ornate designs of the Belle Epoch run throughout. The rooms are a mixture of traditional Alpine style and modern luxury – with many having superb lake views that are sure to put a smile on your face.
There are two wings in the Grand – the Imperial and the Wellness wing. Both are connected by a short underground passageway, making it easy to access of all the excellent facilities in the hotel. Spend an evening in the hotel's casino, or head to the bar – a relaxed area for enjoying a drink in style. The hotel is also fully non-smoking.
All customers have access to the classic spa with saunas and indoor pool. If you choose to stay in a suite, you’ll also have free access to the Grandspa – a luxury wellness centre with a range of saunas and treatment rooms - especially relaxing when the kids are enjoying activities at the free kids' club.
The food menu explores local flavours and classic dishes - plus vegetarians and kids are well catered for too. In the mornings, the breakfast spread will set you up perfectly for a day out on the mountain, with the dining rooms having those trademark views.
The service is friendly and professional - you’ll instantly feel welcome. The team have lots of experience in making your stay seamless from arrival to departure – including a free shuttle service up to the CityXpress gondola.
2-for-1 lift passes
· central village location on the lakeside · 8 minutes' walk to the City Xpress gondola · free shuttle bus to the ski lifts every 15 minutes
All rooms have a cable TV, minibar, hairdryer, safe and entry to the wellness spa in the Imperial wing of the Grand hotel. Junior suites, Wellness Deluxe rooms and Grand suites have free entry to the Grandspa area.
Twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
Twin room (with balcony) - sleeps 2: Located in the Wellness wing, with Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower, WC and balcony with partial or direct lake views.
Superior twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private shower or bath, WC and balcony with lake view.
Junior suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath or shower and WC.
Deluxe twin room - sleeps 2-3: Located in the Wellness wing, with Austrian twin beds, a single sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Type C family apartment - sleeps 2-5 (max 3 adults): Bedroom with Austrian twin beds, living room with bunk beds and single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and lake view.
Suite - sleeps 2-5: Two sets of Austrian twin beds, single bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony with lake view.
Twin room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, bath and WC. Mountain views.
There are two wings in the Grand - the Imperial and the Wellness - connected by a short underground passageway. Bookings with multiple rooms of more than one type cannot be guaranteed to be on the same floor. Only rooms not in the main hotel building have a location specification.
Mountain view rooms overlook the railway line and may experience some noise from passing trains.
* The minimum occupancy for the Suite between the 28 Dec 2019 and 3 Jan 2020, and the 15 February and 28 February 2020 is 3 adults.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WiFi · casino · café · beautiful Imperial Bar with open fire · extra charge for wine tasting (min. 6 people) · indoor Roman bath-style pool with separate kids' pool · superb wellness area with sauna · fitness room · extra charge for 'Grandspa' area (free entry for those staying in a suite) · extra charge for massage · free hotel-run kids' club with supervision for 3-10 years · children's playroom with toys · extra charge for babysitting · 130 bedrooms · lift · free internet terminal
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · daily afternoon snack (no drink) · 4-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet · frequent speciality buffets · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Special offers for Winter 19/20
Book by 2 October 2019 for Winter 19/20 and receive €50 Hotel Credit per person to use on a variety of food and drink. Offer available to over 18s only. This will be automatically added at time of booking. Terms and conditions apply.
Grand Hotel Kids' Club
This free childcare option that runs throughout the season. The team of professional supervisors offer an active programme - indoors and out - Monday to Friday for children aged between 3 and 10 years.
- Free play with a range of toys
- Evening lantern walks
- Arts and crafts
- Snow play
Timings vary throughout the season - please ask at reception for a schedule. These facilities do not need to be pre-booked.
Terms and conditions apply.
As well as dedicated childcare, the hotel also offer a wide range of family-friendly amenities. These include:
- A separate children's area within the indoor pool
- Children's bathrobes
- Playstation consoles for hire
- Free rental of lots of baby accessories including baby baths, bottles and jars
- Special children's half-board menus
- Hotel babysitting services - payable locally
Hotel run kids' club
This hotel runs a kids' club - see the hotel description for details.
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Best for families
A great choice for families, geared to make life easier for parents - and more fun for kids. Featuring one or more of the following: family rooms, free child places, kids clubs and one-parent savers.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.