Picturesque Alpine village, perfect for families and beginners.
- A beautiful market town, full of character and surrounded by the Hohe Tauern National Park.
- The fantastic ski school and intimate 32km ski area make it easy for beginners to learn the ropes.
- Plenty of non-ski activities, from night sledding to visiting a 600-year-old schnapps distillery.
Originally a goldminers' village, it’s now been transformed into a picturesque resort, perfectly situated to take advantage of the surrounding Hohe Tauern National Park. The gold mining may have dried up at the beginning of the 20th century, but these days Rauris still offers something special - quiet pistes and plenty of long, gentle blue runs.
Once you've got past the beginner stage and are looking for a challenge, head to the Fun Slope - a 700m long adventure with banked turns, waves, kickers and a 'snail'. If you're not as confident, the Nugget Park offers rookies a chance to get their first taste of air. Aside from the usual boxes and rails, younger crowds can look forward to the 'rainbow', a semi-circular box to ride over. And, if you have the need for speed, then the race hill - with an automated time-keeping system - promises loads of fun as you compete to be the best of the best.
But if you’re just looking to try some of the wider alpine sports, there’s 30km of cross-country skiing to tackle. Also, when the weather’s right the Barbara Falls freeze solid, so if you’re looking for even more adventure, try your hand at ice climbing.
Top 3 accommodations in Rauris
from £474 per person
from £547 per person
Hotel Ferienwelt Kristall
from £588 per person
Kids Ski Free
- Free lift pass for children aged 11 years and under.
- Free equipment hire for all children aged 11 years and under.
Children aged 4-5 years can take a trial day or half day lesson with the ski school. Bookable locally from approx €30. Terms and conditions apply.