There are over 55 restaurants around Lech town, from cosy inns to well-known gourmet restaurants - some with international awards. Most of them are inside or attached to hotels.
• Haus Nr 8 – A historic wooden house, where the unremarkable exterior hides a special restaurant. The menu includes traditional recipes with a modern twist, including fondues, raclette and pierrade as well as a variety of roast meats.
• Lechtaler Stube, Burg Hotel – Award-winning light Mediterranean cuisine and traditional Austrian dishes, plus an excellent salad bar that's great for vegetarians.
• Alter Goldener Berg – One of the most popular restaurants in the area, cosy up next to the open fire and take your time to enjoy Austrian specialities or fondue. They also offer live music twice a week.
• FUX – Really two restaurants in one - Euro-Asian and a steakhouse - as well as an incredible wine cellar. The Asian dishes are a tempting choice if you fancy a lighter meal, or you can opt for a juicy steak cooked on a charcoal grill.
• Griggeler Stuba, Burg Vital Resort – Two Gault Milau toques make this an obvious choice for a gourmet meal. The chefs use fresh organic produce and lots of wild herbs to amp up the flavour. Try the surprise or tasting menus.
• Verwallstube (top of Galzig gondola) – Treat yourself to a gourmet lunch at the most sophisticated restaurant in the Ski Arlberg region - and feast on heavenly views too.
• Hospiz-Alm (St Christoph) – The rustic façade hides a gourmet restaurant that’s earned a host of celebrity fans – but the best feature is the wine cellar that’s accessed via slide.
• Rendl (top of Rendl gondola) – Embrace the paradox of the Rendl Beach terrace, with it’s own beach bar and menu, or eat in the huge indoor area – arguably the best self-service in the region.
Lech's nightlife is sophisticated and friendly, despite being a little expensive. With outdoor ice bars serving champagne and hotspots lining the main street, there's a lot of fun to be had here in Lech.
• Eisbar – Located at the Tannbergerhof Hotel, this venue is perfect for watching people cruise down the mountain with a glass of its world famous gluhwein.
• Schneggarei – At the bottom of Blue 34 you'll find the lively Schneggarei which is popular with ski instructors and is, most importantly, non-smoking.
Local Lecher companies set up stall in the church square throughout December, selling traditional foods, drinks and handicrafts to the locals and winter visitors. To add to the festivity, various choirs, bands and orchestras offer musical entertainment as you wander around. And if you're there at the right time, one Sunday before Christmas, you may bump into Christ Child himself, who has a surprise for all of the little ones at the market.
• Avoid coming home on the left side of Blue 34a, which gets busy and icy. Take the right-hand side instead.
• Go to the Haus Nr 8 restaurant for a meal to remember, or stop for a drink at the Frozen Ice Bar.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to Lech to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.