Hochgurgl has a much better range of restaurants on the mountain than in town. However, there are still some good choices, including several hotel-based eateries that have quality cuisine.
• Hotel Riml – Head here for a 4-course meal of traditional Austrian dishes with a modern twist. The portions are a good size and there's an exquisite wine list too.
• Top Mountain Crosspoint – 2,175m above sea level, this place is a must-visit. Enjoy classic Austrian and Italian fare in the modern restaurant, from schnitzel, dumplings and kaiserschmarrn to fresh pasta and stonebaked pizzas.
• Toni's Almhütte, Sporthotel Olymp – Small and cosy, with a big fireplace and large tables, this a popular choice for groups. Tuck into big portions of Tyrolean specialities, burgers and fondue, then have a go at the nail game.
• Hohe Mut Alm (top of Hohe Mut gondola) – Choose between the cosy dining rooms and open fireplace inside, or the big sun terrace and grand views outside.
• Top Mountain Star (Wurmkogel Peak) – Visit the highest point in the resort at 3,030m to check out the glass-walled restaurant, panoramic bar and viewing platform.
• Zirben Alm (Steinmannbahn Süd piste) – Staff in traditional costume hand out steaming plates of regional food, hot mugs of glühwein and shots of their legendary pine schnapps.
Après ski in Hochgurgl is rare - evenings are quiet and are more likely to involve reading in bed or having a quiet drink at a hotel bar. Though if you want to venture out, there are a few places to head to.
• Toni's Alpine Hut – This cosy hut is a popular meeting place. You can relax to the music or play a traditional game of 'Nagelstock' if you're feeling competitive.
• Top Mountain Star – At 3,000m and perched on the edge of the Wurmkogel, this unique bar is an architectural beauty. From up here, you can admire the phenomenal 360º mountain views over a drink or two.
• Putt-In-Bar – Head here for incredible mountain views and a quick game of indoor golf. This contemporary bar is great for sport and music lovers and is said to be Europe's highest-altitude indoor golf facility.
• Want to try something new? Putt-In-Golf Bar under the Hotel Riml is Europe's highest indoor golf facility.
• Have lunch at the Schoenwieshutte in Obergurgl - they'll come and pick you up from the piste on a skidoo.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to Hochgurgl to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To make your transfer quicker, when you get to Obergurgl, you’ll change to a smaller vehicle which will take you directly to Hochgurgl.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.