Galtür is gradually moving with the times to expand its range of culinary offerings. There's now around 50 places to eat, ranging from simple Alpine lodges serving traditional Tyrolean fare, to sophisticated hotel restaurants.
• Tiroler Stube – This popular place offers proper home cooking, with ingredients plucked from their own farm and hunting grounds. The atmosphere is lively and the homemade cakes are particularly good.
• Pizzeria Peppone – A quintessential Italian pizzeria, small and busy, and offering a good range of tasty pizzas and pasta.
• Bierkessel – There's a friendly, laid-back vibe here, and a menu that ranges from good pizzas to juicy steaks and burgers - all for a great price.
• Bella Nova (top of Valisera lift) – The glass-fronted restaurant and open terrace ensure good views wherever you sit as you tuck into Italian specials.
• Kapellrestaurant (top of Hochjoch lift) – This place supposedly has views of 200 mountain peaks – try and count them whilst you eat in the table service or self-service restaurant.
• Weiberhimml (beside Red 2) – A cosy mountain hut which, after 3pm daily, has the best après ski on the mountain.
Galtür is the smaller and quieter sister to Ischgl, so if you want raucous nightlife, go to Ischgl. But for those looking for rustic cosiness and even urban casualness, Galtür is more than able to meet your needs.
• Panorama – For good times and romance head here from 5pm. Located in the Hotel Almhof, the bar's large windows offer stunning views of the mountains.
• Tommy's Garage – Ideal for those who like the sound of a guitar solo and drums. This laid-back bar plays mainly rock music with occasional live events and karaoke.
• Hemingway's Bar – Named after the writer Ernest Hemingway, this bar is for people who have good taste. It's non-smoking and is ideal for relaxing and meeting some cool, like-minded people.
Please note: If you spend the evening in Ischgl, from 8pm - 6am you can’t walk through the town centre wearing your ski/board boots or carrying your skis/board due to noise and safety risks. If you do so, you may be fined up to €2,000.
• The Fassdauben Race runs weekly and is famous in the Paznaun valley - it's wacky and really good fun to watch.
• Addis Aberar is a great place for lunch on the mountain, while the hotel restaurants in Wirl are usually cheaper.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to Galtur to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.
From Galtür, a Silvretta Region resort, you can head towards Ischgl for loads more slopes and access to the Swiss resort of Samnaun. To ski over to Switzerland from Galtür can take a bit of time as you'll have to make your way to Ischgl by road before strapping yourself in and skiing over the Swiss-Austrian border, but just make sure you allow plenty of time to get there and back. Once you're over, you can fill your boots with great skiing and, most importantly, duty-free shopping. And after you've splashed the cash on some cheap goods, make sure you head to the popular Schmuggler Alm for some tasty lunch before testing out the Swiss slopes.