What to pack
Here are the essentials
For skiing/boarding we recommend:
- Ski or snowboard jacket
- Waterproof ski or snowboard trousers (salopettes)
- Thermal base layers for dispersing moisture
- A mid layer e.g. a micro fleece
- Waterproof gloves
- Ski socks
- Goggles - sunglasses won't work when it's snowing
- Neck warmer
- Hat. We recommend the use of a helmet for all levels of skier and boarder.
- Suntan cream
- Lip balm
- Wrist guards (particularly recommended for snowboarders)
A camera, insurance and pre-booked equipment (if you don't have your own) are also pretty essential. We'd also suggest slippers if you're staying in a chalet.
If you've got room in your bag then bring knee pads (again, more important for boarders), walkie-talkies, a small rucksack, a mobile phone so we can send you any updates to your holiday travel arrangements and an MP3 player.
If it gets really cold then pick up some glove liners and a balaclava.