Hotel Alpinain , Austria
- Ski to and from the door, free shuttle bus to ski school for kids & beginners.
- Indoor pool, relaxation room with panoramic views and winter garden.
- 'Alpina Mar' spa with saunas, steam room, whirlpools and fitness room.
- Hotel-run kids' club - free from 3 years (Sun-Fri 9.30am-4.30pm and 7.15-9pm).
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
The Hotel Alpina enjoys an enviable location overlooking the town of Obergurgl with direct access to and from the slopes via the modern ski room with heated boot racks. This luxurious hotel is made up of two buildings connected by a brand new underground walkway, both with access to the wealth of facilities throughout the hotel.
The comfortable lounge with open fire is perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail and the elegant dining room serving a wide array of cuisines complemented by an extensive wine list.
For post-ski relaxation, there's a generous Alpina Mar Spa with swimming pool, whirlpool, saunas and steam room, and a separate adult sauna and relaxation area too.
The spacious bedrooms and suites are decorated in a modern style but retain plenty of Tyrolean charm.
· quiet location on a hill · 5 minutes' walk down to the main street · ski-out · ski from door to ski school meeting point, or free shuttle bus for kids and beginners
All bedrooms have bathrobes, hairdryer, minibar, baby listening service, internet link, safe, satellite TV and are non-smoking.
Type C junior suite (37m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and a north-facing balcony.
Type C+ junior suite (37m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Recently refurbished with Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and a south-facing balcony.
Type D suite (45m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Type E superior suite (55m²) - sleeps 2-5 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Type F deluxe suite (58m²) - sleeps 2-5 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin bedroom, double sofa bed, single sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Annexe twin room (28m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath and WC.
Suite (45m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 2 adults): bedroom with Austrian twin beds, separate living room area with double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Single room (18m²) - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WiFi · 70 bedrooms · bar and lounge · live music every Monday · Magician every Sunday · indoor swimming pool · family sauna · 'Alpina Mar' spa area with saunas, including both naked and textile (clothed) sauna adequate for families with children, steam room, infrared cabin, whirlpools, fitness room, relaxation room with panoramic views and winter garden · extra charge for massage and solarium · games room with pool table and table tennis · 2 children's playroom with toys · hotel-run kids' club - free children's supervision from 3 years (Sun-Fri, 9.30am-4.30pm and 7.15-9pm) · lift to first 4 floors · heated boot room · ski storage room
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult to use the spa area.
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · sparkling wine breakfast on Sunday · daily afternoon snack and cake buffet (3-5pm) · 4-course evening meals with choice of main course and daily salad and cheese buffets · weekly 6 course gala dinner · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Afternoon snack consists of one hot dish, cold cuts and bread
Smart/casual dress required in dining room.
Jacket and tie required for Christmas and New Year Gala meals.
Free tap water with meals.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
When you arrive in Obergurgl, the coaches aren’t able to take you right up to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to the Hotel Alpina.
Alpina's Children's Program
The Hotel Alpina is host to a children's club, which offers guests the use of of all-season playrooms with supervision for those aged betweeen 3-12 years.
- Toys and entertainment
- Games and prizes
- Snow play
- Arts and crafts
Free supervision in one of the playrooms from Sunday to Friday 9.30am-4.30pm and 7.15-9pm. Lunch is included.
As well as the kids' club, the Alpina provides a whole range of facilities and amenities for guests staying at the hotel. These include:
- Extra play room (without supervision)
- Snooker room with table tennis and other games
- Free shuttle bus to and from the ski school
- Kids' New Years Ever and Christmas events
- Magic show once a week
Hotel run kids' club
This hotel runs a kids' club - see the hotel description for details.
Step straight onto the slopes from your hotel and avoid any awkward ski bus transfers.
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Best for families
A great choice for families, geared to make life easier for parents - and more fun for kids. Featuring one or more of the following: family rooms, free child places, kids clubs and one-parent savers.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.