Hotel Postwirtin , Austria
- Central location, free shuttle bus to the Hochsöll gondola.
- Heated outdoor pool and wellness area with saunas, steam room and infrared cabin.
- Popular après bar and traditional stube with weekly live music.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Number of Rooms
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
Nestled in the centre of the pedestrian zone in Söll is the Hotel Postwirt. Traditional Tyrolean style and hospitality await you inside this historic building, which is run by the lovely Bliem family and their team.
The rooms are spacious and carefully finished to a high standard, with classic wooden furniture and splashes of bright colour. They’ve got all the amenities, including free WiFi, and some rooms even have a balcony.
Mealtimes are a treat at the Postwirt, and the chefs love to show off the best regional produce. Start your day with a selection from the breakfast buffet, which includes rotating specials like pastries, cakes and smoked salmon, before heading off to hit the slopes. There’ll be a sweet or savoury afternoon snack waiting for you when you get back, to keep you going until it’s time for your tasty four-course evening meal.
The hotel also has a lively après bar and a traditional stube where you can grab a drink, chat with old friends and make new ones too. Need some pampering? Go for a dip in the heated outdoor pool and soak up the mountain views, or visit the modern wellness area and drift between the saunas, steam bath and infrared cabin – or even treat yourself to a massage.
It’s a short walk to the Hochsöll gondola and ski school meeting point, or you can catch the ski bus from outside the hotel if you’d rather save your legs for the mountain.
Walking is usually the best way to get around Söll, so it's handy that the Postwirt sits in the middle of the pedestrian area. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to explore, and the tourist office is right next door, too. When it's time to hit the slopes, you can either walk 10 minutes to the lifts or give your feet a break and hop on the free shuttle bus. Blue 40 and Red 40a are you home runs at the end of the day.
· in the centre of the pedestrian zone · free shuttle bus to the lifts · 10 minutes' walk to the Hochsöll gondola and Knollnliften · 6 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point and nursery slopes · 1 minute's walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms have a cable TV, radio, free WiFi, hairdryer and safe.
Twin room - sleeps 2: box-spring beds, private bath or shower and WC.
Twin room - sleeps 2-3: box-spring beds, single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
Twin room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): box-spring beds, double sofa bed, private bath and WC.
Single room - sleeps 1: box-spring bed, private bath or shower and WC.
· free WiFi · Gasthof à la carte restaurant · après bar · weekly live music · traditional stube · wellness centre with heated outdoor pool with mountain views, Finnish sauna, bio sauna, salt steam bath, infrared cabin with light therapy and two relaxation areas · extra charge for massages · free bathrobes available from reception · lift access to floors with balconies
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · weekly sparkling wine breakfast · daily afternoon snack (3.30-4.30pm) · 4-course evening meal with a choice of main course, and daily salad, starter and cheese buffets · weekly gala dinner · Christmas Day and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Good to know
Only rooms with a balcony are accessible via the lift.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in Austria and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
This hotel has an outdoor pool.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.