A modest selection of around 25 restaurants are scattered around Wengen. They mainly focus on traditional Swiss Alpine cuisine and are generally based inside hotels. There are several excellent-quality gourmet restaurants, as well as Italian pizzerias and places offering other ski resort staples.
• Chez Meyer, Hotel Regina – Awarded 15 Gault Milau points for its gorgeous French cuisine, served in elegant surroundings. You can also dine in the opulent Jack's Brasserie ballroom or at La Bulle chef's table.
• Da Sina Pizzeria – A popular Italian and steakhouse, with a huge pizza menu and a wide range of steaks, ribs and chicken - plus the usual raclette and fondues, including tempting chocolate fondue.
• 1903, Hotel Schönegg – Another gourmet treat, with 14 Gault Milau points, here you can choose from the small international menu, which includes dishes like beef fillet with celeriac risotto and Pike Perch fillet with champagne sauce.
• Hotel Berghaus – Bright and cheerful eatery with a focus on delicious fish from Swiss lakes, as well as additional meat and vegetarian options.
• Silberhorn-Stube, Hotel Silberhorn – Tuck into all your mountain favourites - fondue, raclette and schnitzel, plus pasta, grilled meats and rostis.
• Eigernordwand (top of Kleine Scheidegg) – A must-visit for the most incredible views of the north face of the Eiger, best enjoyed whilst devouring a bubbling pot of cheese fondue on the terrace.
• Café Mary ( Lauberhorn piste) – Also know as the ‘Witch House’, this little hut is in a stunning location and offers tasty Swiss fare, a good wine list and delicious homemade cakes.
• Berghaus Bort (mid-station of First cable car) – This old building hides a modern interior and a real hidden gem of a restaurant, which serves up first-class food.
On 24th March 2019, runners aim to complete the original Lauberhorn downhill race track on snow but in reverse. It's a sight to see as runners take on teh course with any equipment they choose - they may be on skis, barefoot or wearing shoes with spikes.
• If the queue for the Mannlichen cable car is long, the train takes 25 minutes to get to the top.
• There are lots of tricky blacks for experts, like the Lauberhorn World Cup run and the 'Oh God' run.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your journey.
As there won’t be a rep based in Wengen, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities. If you need any assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All Swiss transfers are with Swiss Rail and are unaccompanied. A 2nd class rail ticket is included. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.Please note:
Your Swiss Half Fare Card
, which is also your transfer ticket, will be sent to you before your holiday via post. this will also give you up to 50% off Swiss transport including trains and buses.