In Saas Fee, you can choose from a wide range of over 50 places to eat. Most restaurants offer traditional Swiss Alpine cuisine, though there are also plenty of Italian ristorantes as well. If you love cheese and steak, you'll be very happy here.
• Waldhotel Fletschhorn – A Michelin-starred restaurant nestled in the woods, with an innovative menu that includes dishes like rosemary-roasted suckling pig, pigeon two ways, and pineapple tart with marzipan ice cream.
• Vieux Chalet – The go-to place in town for fondue - choose from a huge range of 20 types of cheese fondue, from traditional to unusual flavours like curry, beer and Hawaiian.
• Waldhus Bodmen – Cosy up in this traditional wooden chalet, and enjoy a big range of meat dishes and fondues. Through the window, you can watch the menagerie of pigs, rabbits, chickens and goats.
• Don Ciccio – Authentic Italian fare, from fantastic pizzas to hearty pasta, plus a range of fish and meat dishes like osso bucco with saffron risotto.
• Essstube – An excellent selection of juicy steaks and fondue, in a friendly atmosphere. The other meats, fish, burgers, rosti and pastas are also good choices.
• Three-Sixty (Mittelallalin peak) – A meal at the highest revolving restaurant in the world, up at 3,500m, is not to be missed. Take your time as you eat and enjoy the spectacular views.
• Gletschergrotte (piste 4b) – The ‘Glacier Cave’ restaurant is a hidden gem for tasty Valais specialities, accompanied by a welcoming atmosphere and beautiful views from the terrace.
• Schäferstube (top of village nursery slope) – Beginners can take a break here to fuel up on meat grilled on the fireplace, and soak up the views from the terrace.
With not too much and not too little, Saas Fee is known to have a 'healthy' après scene with a great selection of bars to frequent. And, unlike other resorts, Saas Fee has numerous open-air bars, blasting out good music, at the end of the ski runs and along the main street.
• Snow Point – Located at the bottom of the slopes is this fantastic circus tent bar. Run by British seasonnaires, it's a good spot for the typical comforts of home and it's also the cheapest mountain restaurant in resort.
• The Black Bull – Your typical après bar with lively music, a dance floor and good-natured fun in the form of congas. This wooden chalet has a patio with outdoor heaters too, but the beer can be slightly more expensive than other places.
• Popcorn Bar – One of the most established bars in Saas Fee, the Popcorn Bar, serving Carlsberg alongside loads of other drinks, is known for its legendary parties and is popular with snowboarders. There's an area to dance, a pool table and even an underground nightclub downstairs.
In mid-December, Saas Fee hosts a wonderful Christmas market in the centre of the village - but it's not your typical festive market. With choirs and music and plenty for the kids to do - including candle dipping, gingerbread decorating, and a ride on the Christmas train - your after-ski activities will be sorted.
• The reds at the top of the mountain are wide and well-groomed, so they're do-able for competent beginners.
• The Mittelallalin restaurant is the world's highest revolving restaurant - perfect for a lunch stop.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your journey.
As there won’t be a rep based in Saas Fee, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities. If you need any assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All Swiss transfers are with Swiss Rail and are unaccompanied. A 2nd class rail ticket is included. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.