Kronplatz has a very good selection of around 30 restaurants in the area. Local fare is common, and you simply must try the regional specialities like schlutzkrapfen (ravioli), knödel (dumplings), and kniekiechl (jam fritters).
• Fana Ladina – The vast array of homemade Ladin dishes are served by cheerful staff in traditional dress. Try the crafun (savoury doughnut with ragout), the schlutzkrapfen ravioli with cheese, or any of the wild game dishes.
• Osteria Plazores – A beautiful old house offering hearty meat and pasta dishes, made with meat, vegetables and herbs from their own farm - it doesn't get fresher.
• Arnold's – Sample authentic Italian and South Tyrolean fare, from soups and dumplings to huge stone-baked pizzas and calzones.
• Viel dal Pan (top of Porto Vescovo gondola) – An upmarket and exclusive fine dining restaurant with just 10 tables and stunning plates of food to match the incredible views.
• Utia Pradat (top of Col Pradat gondola) – Head inside to either the table service or self-service sections for a tasty meal, or lounge on the terrace to soak up the scenery.
• Fienile Monte (Col Rodella piste) – Tiny yet classy, this place offers delicious regional fare with a touch of class.
You'll find very little après and nightlife in Kronplatz - San Viglio has just one après bar. If you want a livelier night out, you could always head over to Riscone on the bus.
• The Bus Stop – This well-known bar hosts live music, DJs and themed nights. You'll recognise the bar from its Italian-style bus front that adorns the wall outside, complete with neon sign.
Medieval New Year's Eve
The courtyard of the Museum Ladin Ciastel de Tor is transformed into a medieval wonderland with a torchlight show, medieval stories composed of sand drawing, music and complimentary entry to the museum. A truly spectacular way to bring in the new year.
• Try Ucia Corones for a delicious lunch on the mountain, or go to Fana Ladina for traditional ravioli and potato dumplings.
• On most nights, some slopes stay open as late as 10pm so you can try skiing, or even sledging, on floodlit runs.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
Our reps will meet you at the airport and help get your lift passes, equipment hire and tuition sorted. They’ll also be available in Kronplatz so, if you need anything during your trip, just check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.