Hotel La Cachette, Arc 1600in , France
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
The Hotel La Cachette is a classically French mountain ski hotel for those who want to experience skiing like a local. The hotel stands at the bottom of the piste in Arc 1600, and the south-facing rooms have superb views down onto Bourg Saint Maurice. Its location gives you instant skiing access, and then you can come back to refuel on the sun terrace with a bite to eat at lunch - or a refreshment of the liquid variety when it’s time for après in the hotel bar.
The decor is French Alpine, particularly in the bright and airy communal areas, with exposed stone, stained wood beams, and deep red carpets. Comfort in these areas surpasses that of the bedrooms, but you can still be assured of a good night’s sleep.
The restaurant serves up traditional French cuisine with a menu which changes daily to make the most of seasonal ingredients. As you'd expect from a French-run establishment, to accompany your daily buffet-style evening meals you'll get unlimited free wine for the duration of your meal - making your evenings just that little bit more merry.
You’ll also have complimentary access to the excellent hotel-run kids’ club. The club runs for six days and one evening per week, all season for kids aged 3-5 years, and during French school holidays for kids aged 6-17 years. They can enjoy a range of activities under the supervision of qualified, English-speaking professionals. Each week has a different theme, so your kids could be rehearsing for a sci-fi fantasy show, or painting pictures of pretty plants. For the older ones, there are sports tournaments, creative workshops and even discos.
Free baby and toddler equipment is available so there's no need to bring it with you. For adults, there's a sauna and basic fitness room. Both are free to use and booking your sauna session is easy to do with reception.
2-for-1 lift passes
· excellent central location in Arc 1600 · 1 minute's walk to the slopes (ski in, ski out depending on conditions) · 3 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point
All rooms have a cable TV and hairdryer.
Double Room - sleeps 1-2: Double bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Twin Room - sleeps 1-2: Twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Triple room - sleeps 1-3: Three single beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Quad room - sleeps 1-4: Double bed, two single folding beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
· sauna and small fitness room free of charge (booking is required for the sauna) · extra charge for massage and beauty treatments · panoramic restaurant with south-facing terrace · hotel bar · piano bar · WiFi in rooms and throughout hotel (additional cost) · free kids' clubs (all season for 3-5 years, during French school holidays for 6-17 years) · baby corner with microwave, high chairs, booster seats and children's cutlery · complete baby kits including cots, growbags, bath support, bath thermometer, changing mat and potties available · extra charge for baby food · pushchairs available from reception · 85 bedrooms · ski storage at Skiset (100m away)
· continental buffet breakfast · buffet evening meals · unlimited free wine included with evening meals · one Savoyard evening a week
Travelife Gold Award
The Travelife Gold Award formally recognises hotels that achieve excellence in environmental, social and economic sustainability.
Good to know
No admittance to the sauna and fitness room for children under 16 years.
A deposit, payable by debit or credit card only, must be paid at check-in.
The dress code for evening meals is smart/casual.
Special offers for Winter 19/20
Free and reduced price holidays for children when sharing with two adults.
Please note that safety standards around balconies, railings and public walkways are different in France and may be lower or have ornamental features that you wouldn’t see in the UK or Ireland.
For your own safety and that of everyone you’re travelling with, please make sure you take care not to lean on or over any railings. If you have children under 12 years, please make sure they’re supervised and not left alone at any time.
Renardeaux, Pirates and Junior & Teens Clubs
The range of clubs in the Hotel La Cachette suit children of all ages. Club Renardeaux is for little ones from 3-5 years, Les Pirates is for 6-10 years, and the Junior & Teens Clubs for the oldest children between 11 and 17 years. All clubs have English-speaking staff.
- Club Renardeaux & Les Pirates provides themed activities each week, arts and crafts, storytime, singing and creative workshops, plus 'Leo get-togethers' every afternoon including puppet shows, film showings, parties and shows performed by the children
- The Junior & Teens Club offers a specially reserved area for the older children with activities like a Wii, table tennis tournaments, creative workshops and fun sports challenges
- Afternoon snacks are included for children aged 3 months to 10 years
- Extra charge for ski school drop-off and pick-up for children attending ESF ski lessons during French school holidays*
Renardeaux club is open all season, Sunday to Friday, from 8.30am-5.30pm. Lunch is not included, and will be payable locally.
Les Pirates Club is only open during French school holidays*, Sunday to Friday, from 8.30am-5.30pm.
Junior & Teen clubs only operate during French school holidays* for 15 hours per week.
Please note: Pre-booking is required. Parents are asked to provide an up-to-date medical certificate/health book to ensure children are up to date with vaccinations. This applies to all children under the age of six.
Hotel run kids' club
This hotel runs a kids' club - see the hotel description for details.
Exclusive to Crystal
This accommodation is only available through brands operated by TUI Travel PLC in the UK including Crystal.
Step straight onto the slopes from your hotel and avoid any awkward ski bus transfers.
Best for groups
The best accommodation for groups, helping you make the most of your holiday with friends and family.
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Best for families
A great choice for families, geared to make life easier for parents - and more fun for kids. Featuring one or more of the following: family rooms, free child places, kids clubs and one-parent savers.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.