Sun Peaks Grandin , Canada
- Ski-in, ski-out accommodation with the nearest lift just outside the hotel.
- Outdoor pool and 3 outdoor hot tubs with views of the mountains.
- Superb in-house facilities including supermarket, wellness area and nightclub.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
So what's it like?
Just steps away from the Sundance Express lift is the beautiful Sun Peaks Grand. Located in the core of the village, and with ski-in, ski-out access, everything you need for a perfect ski holiday is at your doorstep – especially if you have kids with you.
On stepping into the lobby, you’ll know how it got its name - it's definitely grand. A large chandelier suspends from the ceiling, gorgeous tapestries hang off the walls, and a floor-to-ceiling fireplace sits in the centre, surrounded by armchairs for you to take in the hotel’s charm. The upper lobby doesn't disappoint either with a cosy library and lots more plush seating for you to relax in at the end of the day.
For Winter 18/19, the bedrooms are getting a complete makeover, with new furniture, flooring and artwork, to create a sense of warmth in a contemporary and luxurious setting. The large windows will remain, allowing you to admire the striking mountains from the warmth of your bed. And, if you’re just not ready to take your eyes away from the slopes once the lifts close for the night, then you can enjoy them from the outdoor pool and steaming hot tubs.
If you choose to stay in a Summit Club room, you’ll have exclusive access to the fifth floor Summit Club lounge, where you’ll receive complimentary breakfast and après snacks, as well as a social environment to chat with the other Club members.
The hotel has three popular eateries including Mantles restaurant, which offers fresh, local ingredients in all their dishes. Their buffet breakfasts are divine, too, with a huge selection of pastries, fruit, hot options, cold meats and even a waffle machine. You’ll also find a good après atmosphere in the hotel too. Everyone comes together at the hotel’s pub, Morrisey’s – home to live entertainment, TVs and a pool table. Their burgers are also a hit.
As the evening draws to a close, you may decide to carry on the festivities. Well you won’t have to look very far because the hotel has an onsite nightclub to keep you dancing the night away.
· central location in the village · ski-in ski-out · Sundance Express lift just outside the hotel · 1 minute's walk to the ski school · less than a minute's walk to the nursery slopes · Bluebird Market located in The Residences at Sun Peaks Grand
All rooms have a flatscreen TV, free WiFi, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, mini fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, air conditioning and are non-smoking. Safety deposit boxes are located in reception. Room service is available for an extra charge with food and drink prepared at Mantles Restaurant.
Economy Room - sleeps 1-3: Either one king bed or two double beds, and private bathroom with bath, shower and WC. **Less frequent house keeping.**
Deluxe Room - sleeps 1-2: Either one king bed or two double beds, and private bathroom with bath, shower and WC.
Deluxe Room - sleeps 1-4: Either one king or two double beds, and private bathroom with bath, shower and WC.
Summit Club - sleeps 1-2: Fifth floor room with king bed, private bathroom with bath, shower and WC and access to the Summit Club which includes a continental breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres.
· hotel bar and lounge with fireplace · après bar and nightclub · free WiFi · outdoor pool with indoor entrance · 3 outdoor hot tubs · wellness area with sauna and fitness room · complimentary towels in wellness area · extra charge for massages and treatments · games room · lifts to all floors · both outdoor and underground parking · laundry facilities · in-house ski shop · ski storage room · floor 2 is a pet-friendly floor
· For those staying in a Summit Club room, breakfast and après ski snacks are included - breakfast consists of a daily, deluxe continental breakfast with hot and cold items · optional upgrade to bed and breakfast · optional dinner only basis · optional upgrade to half board which includes a hot buffet breakfast for adults and a choice of menu for children, and a 2-course set menu for adults and a 2-course set menu with a choice of milk, juice or soft drink for children (meals can be taken at either the Mantles Lounge, Mantles Restaurant or Morrisey's Pub)
Good to know
Economy rooms only receive housekeeping services every two days.
This hotel has an outdoor pool.
Spa and wellness facilities
There's a range of spa treatments and facilities available here - things like pools, hot tubs and massages. Have a look at the hotel description for more details.
Step straight onto the slopes from your hotel and avoid any awkward ski bus transfers.
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.