Hotel Der Schütthofin , Austria
- New to Crystal for Winter 17/18.
- In the village of Schüttdorf, only a 2-minute walk from the ski bus stop.
- Vulcano Spa with saunas, steam bath and relaxation area.
- Four restaurants and three bars across two sister properties to choose from.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
So what's it like?
Characterised by its pastel-yellow exterior, the Hotel Schütthof truly stands out in the snowy, white landscape.
Inside, you’ll be greeted by the friendly team, headed up by Ingeborg Jungwirth and Karin Zoggeler, who go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The bedrooms themselves are welcoming, too, with wood-panelled rooms and traditional Austrian twin beds.
Early mornings on the mountain aren’t too much of a task either, despite being a 25-minute walk from Zell am See itself, as you can hop on the Areitbahn – a 6-minute walk away – all the way to the slopes. Easy peasy.
If you’re more chilled about your start time, or aren’t skiing at all, then make sure to take advantage of the hotel’s luxurious Vulcano Spa. This rooftop wellness space has two saunas, a steam bath and a glass corridor that leads to a stunning swimming pool, complete with natural stone water wall. If that’s not enough, the relaxation area offers comfy lounging with a direct view of the Kitzsteinhorn.
Mealtimes are a breeze, too. Pre-dinner, settle down to an aperitif at Kathi’s bar, before tucking into some delicious delicacies at the Enzian Stuberl. If you want to end your holiday on a high, treat yourself to a meal at the à la carte Zeitgeist restaurant. And just to spoil you even more, guests at the Hotel Schütthof can also access the restaurants and Gold Spa at next door’s Hotel Latini.
· in the village of Schüttdorf · 25 minutes' walk to the centre of Zell am See · 6 minutes' walk to the Areit Gondola · 6 minutes' walk to the ski school and nursery slopes · 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms are non-smoking and have free WiFi, a telephone, hairdryer and safe. Some rooms also have a flatscreen TV with UK channels. Cots are available to hire on request, free of charge.
Double room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
Double room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single folding bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head-to-head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· Kathi's Bar · lounge · free WiFi · Vulcano Spa with Finnish sauna, herb organic sauna, steam room and relaxation area · extra charge for massages and other treatments · extra charge for solarium · kids' play room · Enzian Stuberl restaurant · extra charge for à la carte Zeitgeist restaurant · Stuberl Parlour and Papa Rudolfo Pizzeria restaurants at sister residence Hotel Latini · weekly activity programme · lift to all floors · ski room with lockers and heated boot rack
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · afternoon snack (3-5pm daily) · themed buffet evening meals · one complimentary drink every Monday at the Hotel Latini (at around 6.30pm)
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.