Eating out in Westendorf is really great value, but the choice is pretty limited. Most visitors stay half board or in self-catering apartments, so the restaurant scene in the village is quiet. However, there's several good places for ski resort staples like steak, burgers and pizza. For more of a choice, grab a taxi to nearby Kirchberg.
• FeinSinn – Arguably the best place in town, you'll always get a good meal here, whether you opt for the juicy steaks or handmade pizzas.
• Hotel Jakobwirt – This family-friendly restaurant has plenty of international options, great desserts, and a decent wine list - enough to keep everyone happy.
• Reiterstüberl – There's excellent variety here, where the menu changes seasonally. The wide choice includes classics like tiroler gröstl and meat fondue, plus fish, steak, pork, veal and a kids' menu.
• Die Mühle – If you're really hungry and love meat, this is the one for you. Choose between burgers, steaks and pasta, or ribs that come in sizes XL or XXL.
• Il Vagabondo, Alpenhof Hotel – Authentic décor and atmosphere combine with comforting dishes like pizza, spaghetti with shrimp and zucchini, or deer stew.
• Gasthof Gründalm (mid-station of Söll gondola) – A must-visit for its fantastic homemade cakes and Tyrolean fare.
• Gipfelalm Hohe Salve (Hohe Salve Peak) – Modern mountain restaurant known for its unique rotating terrace and toilets with a view.
• Tanzbodenalm (top of Scheffau gondola) – A simple place offering unpretentious home cooking and a good terrace.
Après starts early on the mountains, but it's not the raucous kind of après you'll find in Mayrhofen. As the evening draws on, nightlife tends to be a bit more quaint, though, again, drinks aren't too hard to find.
• Dieter's – If you love mulled wine, you're in luck. Every Monday Dieter's holds a Glühwein party between 4pm and 6pm - ideal for meeting new friends and having a good time.
• Campbell's – The only non-smoking venue in Westendorf. It holds live music several nights a week and tends to play golden oldies, perfect for young and old alike.
• Moskito Bar – Come here for live Dutch music and DJs every night in a modern and comfortable atmosphere. It's guaranteed to be an energetic evening.
• Visit the Alpeniglu in Brixen – a igloo village theme park full of creatively carved ice sculptures. They change every year, to all different kinds of themes.
• Avoid taking the busy Blue 110a at the end of the day - take the gondola or ski down Red 110b instead.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips and snow reports.
- Weather, travel and resort updates.
There won’t be a rep based in Westendorf, but we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your lift passes (if you pre-booked them), as well as vouchers for any pre-booked equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check the Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.