There's a pretty big choice of eateries in St Wolfgang, though unfortunately a lot of them are closed in January and February. Most restaurants stick to traditional Austrian meat and cheese dishes, so don't expect a huge amount of variety.
• Gasthof Franz Josef – With a strong reputation for traditional home-cooked food, generous portions and stunning lake views, it's no wonder this place is so popular.
• Kraftstoff Bar – American-style burgers make a nice change from the usual Austrian fare. It's family-run, family-friendly and popular with the locals.
• Seerestaurant, Hotel Im Weissen Rössl – Visit this famous hotel for a gourmet meal created with local ingredients like fresh fish and sheep's milk. The lake views are amazing, and the signature desserts are delectable.
• Dorf Alm – Get an authentic taste of Austria with charming dining rooms and hearty cuisine - plus the nail game, and occasional live Austrian music and yodelling competitions.
• Rottenhof-Hütte (Anger lift) – This 400-year-old cottage has been family-run for generations and the produce comes from their own cattle and dairy farms and onsite schnapps distillery.
St Wolfgang isn't home to raucous and rowdy bars and huts, but you will find friendly spots ideal for reminiscing about your day on the mountain. More lively venues tend to be in the village and, ironically, tends to be in the cafés.
• Dorf Alm – Make your way here on Mondays for an authentic evening of Austrian nails, yodelling competitions, traditional dress and music. It's guaranteed to be a fun night all round.
• Intermediates can start at Hornspitz in Gosau, whilst experts can head for the runs around the Panorama lift.
• Take some time off the slopes to enjoy winter activities like snowshoeing or ice skating on the frozen lake.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your journey.
As there won’t be a rep based in St Wolfgang, we’ll meet you at the airport to answer any questions you may have and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities. If you need any assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
During major festivals, the roads of St Wolfgang will be bustling with people and excitement, so your coach won't be able to drop you right to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you'll be dropped off nearby where you'll have a short walk, with your luggage, to where you'll be staying. Make sure you wear some sturdy shoes and warm clothing - it can get a bit snowy underfoot.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.
Your transfer will be provided by the Hotel Im Weissen Rössl