The Crystal Lifestyle Hotelin , Austria
- Excellent ski-in, ski-out location, opposite the Festkogel gondola.
- Innovative and modern hotel with two wings, connected by a glass bridge.
- 2,000m² spa with indoor and outdoor pools and beautiful sauna world.
- Free hotel-run kids' club for children aged 3-12 years.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Number of Rooms
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
The 4-star-superior Crystal Lifestyle Hotel does a brilliant job of retaining the ethos of excellent, friendly and welcoming Austrian hospitality in a refreshingly modern environment. The cosmopolitan styling in public areas really stands out and helps make this place outstanding. And the up-to-date design isn’t just from what you can see – this place has serious ecological credentials, utilising 100% renewable energy.
Attention to detail is what it’s all about here. From the sleek combination of wood, glass and stone to clever lighting and a beautiful palette of warming colours - the Crystal keeps that sense of elegance flowing throughout. The rooms are not as modern, but are equally as comfortable and spacious with all mod-cons you’d expect.
The wellness area is a real treat for the senses. Gym-bunnies have a fitness room to help keep in shape. Tired skiers can re-energise in the saunas and steam baths followed by a breath of fresh air on the spa terrace before diving into the outdoor pool with views of the Ötztal mountainscape. The Private Spa Suite is perfect for personal pampering time either alone or with your partner – and there’s a massage and treatment menu to complement the peaceful surroundings.
The Crystal’s position couldn’t be much better either – walk out of the excellent ski room and virtually straight onto the Festkogel gondola for easy access to Obergurgl’s slopes. Plus you can ski virtually back to the door via either a blue or red run – depending on your ability.
Unsurprisingly, with a hotel this fine, the food is a big part of the experience. The culinary team select the best ingredients to create delicious cuisine – with a menu changing daily. The head chef sources meat from the local area, natural products matured nearby and select ingredients of the best possible origin to really make every mealtime a joy.
· ski-in, ski-out on a a blue or red piste · opposite the Festkogel gondola · ski bus stop outside · 6 minutes' walk to the village centre
All rooms have a hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, cable TV and safe. Cots are available to hire, free of charge, upon request.
Twin Room (50m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Small maisonette with Austrian twin beds, extra double sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Single Room (16m²) - sleeps 1: 3-star room with single bed, private shower and WC.
Twin Room (65m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Large maisonette with Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available
Please note: Rooms next door to each other may be available on request. Rooms must be the same type and cannot be guaranteed. All rooms are in the original west wing building.
· 2000m2 two-storey spa with heated outdoor pool, indoor pool and textile sauna (swimsuits permitted) plus adults-only spa with indoor relaxation pool, outdoor Finnish sauna, bio sauna, aromatic steam bath, brine steam bath, herbal bath, infrared cabin, adventure showers, ice fountain and relaxation area with waterbeds and open fireplace · extra charge for private spa suite with Finnish sauna, bio sauna, steam bath, whirlpool and relaxation area · extra charge for treatments and massages · fitness centre · The Crystal restaurant · bar and lounge · wine lounge · extra charge for weekly wine tasting · Salz & Pfeffer à la carte restaurant · games room with Playstation 3, pool table, table tennis, table football, darts and group games · kids’ playroom · free Smiley kids’ club (Sun-Fri) · free WiFi throughout · lift to all floors
· welcome drink · hot and cold buffet breakfast (7.30-10.30am, or from 7am on weekends) · daily afternoon snacks in the bar (3-5pm) · 4-course evening meal with choice of main course, and daily salad buffet · weekly starter, cheese, fish and dessert buffets · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
This kids' club offers free supervised childcare is provided for youngsters from 3 to 12 years old.
- Free play with a range of toys
- Board games and imaginative play
- Arts and crafts
- Snowman building
- Snow play
The club operates Sunday to Friday between 4pm and 9pm, and requires booking at least one day in advance.
This hotel has an outdoor pool.
Hotel run kids' club
This hotel runs a kids' club - see the hotel description for details.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
Best for families
A great choice for families, geared to make life easier for parents - and more fun for kids. Featuring one or more of the following: family rooms, free child places, kids clubs and one-parent savers.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.