A variety of excellent restaurants catering for all tastes - whether you're in the mood for sampling the local specialities or keeping it familiar, you'll find somewhere to please your palate.
• Jochdohlenhütte – You can't visit this area without stopping at the highest mountain restaurant in Austria, at 3,150m. Perched on the Stubai glacier, the views alone are worth it - but if you come for lunch you can tuck into a giant wiener schnitzel whilst enjoying the scenery.
• Hotel Jagdhof – Arguably the best meal in town, here you can try Alpine lamb from their own flock and wild game from their own 3,000 hectare game preserve. Classics like scallops, venison and pigeon often grace the menu.
• Bella Fonte – A traditional, family-friendly Italian, with excellent pizza and pasta made with fresh ingredients.
• Schaufelspitz – 2,900m above sea level, this places is award-winning and serves imaginative takes on traditional Austrian dishes. You'll be hard pressed to leave the sun terrace after.
• Jagdhütte – Warm up next to the fireplace with hearty stews and steaks, in a beautifully rustic setting. As always, freshly cooked kaiserschmarrn is an excellent way to end the meal.
• Gröbenhof (piste from Fulpmes to Neustift) – Escape to this peaceful haven to tuck into Tyrolean dishes and soak up the scenery from the patio.
• Panorama Kreuzjoch (top of Kreuzjoch gondola) – Head here to tick ‘visit the highest pizzeria in the Tyrol’ off your to-do list, and sit back in a deckchair to enjoy panoramic views.
• Sennjochhütte (top of Sennjoch chairlift) – The highest restaurant in the resort at 2,225m has both a rustic dining room and a cool Eisbar.
Neustift isn't particularly lively, but it is home to a few good spots. Après predominantly starts in one of the umbrella bars at the gondola base before heading into the centre of resort.
• Dorfpub – Empty beer bottles line the walls of this ambient pub. If you're into your live music, this is definitely somewhere to head to.
• Bierfassl – This small and quaint venue in the village centre has a rustic and traditionally Austrian vibe to it. The cosy atmosphere is accompanied by live music.
• American Bar – Owned by the same people as the Dorfpub, this retro diner-themed bar is adorned with famous faces. Funky and modern, there's also a wide range of drinks to tickle your fancy.
Big Family Pre-New Yea's Eve Party
Just before the new year rolls round, Everyone in Neustift will be invited to the party of a lifetime. Expect bright and fascinating mythical creatures, fun, light hearted games, a make-up station and popcorn coming out of your ears. As the evening draws on, there'll be a fire show, an awesome fireworks display and live music.
• At 3150m, Jochdohle is the highest mountain restaurant in Austria - don't forget your camera.
• Jump on the Schlick 2000 or Elfer lift for fantastic tree-lined runs and cosy glühwein huts.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your journey.
As there won’t be a rep based in Neustift, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities. If you need any assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.