On Innsbruck's doorstep, with winter activities for all.
- Non-skiers can zoom down the Olympic bobsleigh run or explore the nearby Tyrolean capital, Innsbruck.
- Authentic Austrian village with beautiful scenery, historic architecture and friendly locals.
- Catch a free ski bus to the Stubai Glacier for access to 100km of high-altitude slopes.
Many of the pistes in Igls itself are suitable for intermediate skiers, while beginners can find their feet on the nursery slopes near the village. Advanced skiers can explore 8 other ski areas on the same lift pass - totalling 295km of piste - including the nearby Stubai Glacier.
In the 2017/18 season, a modern gondola replaced the Patscherkofelbahn and Pendelbahn cable cars and several smaller drag lifts. With 10 cabins transporting 700 people per hour via a new middle station stop, the replacement means quicker access to all the same slopes. However, as it now begins at the Patscherkofelbahn base station - rather than Igls itself - there will be a short free bus ride up to the gondola.
Igls is also great for non-skiers, as the sights and shops of Innsbruck are within easy reach. At the weekend, take a scenic tram journey down to the Tyrolean capital, which is full of trendy shops, restaurants and museums to explore.
Closer to Igls, you can take a stroll along the many cleared footpaths around the village, ride the cable car to the Schutzhaus Restaurant to meet skiing friends for a meal with a breathtaking view, or the adrenaline seekers can take a 100km/h ride down the Olympic bobsleigh run. The village also offers floodlit skiing, swimming, curling and ice skating.
10% off lift pass & equipment
Kids Ski Free
- Free local lift pass for children aged 5 years and under.
- Free helmet for children when pre-booking skis and boots.
- Free ski and boot hire for one child up to 10 years incl. when two adults pre-book the same.