Of the 25 or so restaurants in Ellmau, most are hotel dining rooms or small, privately-run establishments, and they usually have traditional menus that include dishes like fondue and strudel. Everything's within easy walking distance of the resort centre.
• Ellmaueralm – A rustic slopeside eatery with quality home cooking, from hearty traditional dishes to pizza, pasta and a kids' menu.
• Lobewein – You'll be spoilt for choice at this chalet-style restaurant, which serves large portions of traditional Austrian fare and has attentive, cheerful staff.
• Jauenstation Treichlhof – At the base of the slopes, this is one of the most popular places in town and is known for great service - and a bathroom with a unique view.
• Memory – A typical Italian restuarant offering huge pizzas as well as pasta, meat and fish dishes. Finish with a classic dessert like tiramisu or panna cotta.
• Cantina Bar Mexican – If you fancy something different, head here for big portions of Mexican fare, as well as burgers and ribs. It turns into a club later on, so stay after dinner to dance the night away.
• Gasthof Gründalm (mid-station of Söll gondola) – A must-visit for its fantastic homemade cakes and Tyrolean fare.
• Gipfelalm Hohe Salve (Hohe Salve Peak) – Modern mountain restaurant known for its unique rotating terrace and toilets with a view.
• Tanzbodenalm (top of Scheffau gondola) – A simple place offering unpretentious home cooking and a good terrace.
Ellmau offers diverse après ski options from chilled out tunes in a relaxing environment to shots with your friends at a raucous bar. And being one of the largest resorts in the region, it won't be hard to find somewhere you like.
• Memory Bar – When you've kicked off your skis after a busy day on the slopes, head to this early-evening pub for some riotous party fun.
• Sandy's Bar – The underground cave-like bar hosts live music sessions and is a good place to boogie to the resident DJ's choice of tunes, with a drink in hand.
• Pub 66 – With daily après from 3pm everyday, and different themed nights every day of the week, this dark but cosy pub is packed full of variety and high spirits.
Ellmi's Zauberhafter Bergadvent
Throughout the month of December, Ellmau puts on a range of festive activities for everyone to enjoy. While you're here you may get to take part in gingerbread-making, spend your pocket money at the Christmas markets, go for a torchlit walk, or warm up with a hot chocolate ot homemade punch - there are lots more tasty treats to get your teeth into, too. On Christmas Eve, the little ones can meet Santa on the slopes, and receive some gifts, after he's sailed down to the ground on a paraglider. New Year's Eve isn't left in the shadows either - the countdown will be celebrated with a fireworks display, a torchlight parade, breathtaking fire jumps carried out by the ski instructors and a paragliding show.
• The slopes in Going are ideal for beginners heading out on their own - take the D line bus there.
• Take a tour of the beautiful, purpose-built ice village at the top of the Hochbrixen gondola.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to Ellmau to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.