Bad Gastein has a superb choice of around 50 restuarants, with something for every taste and pocket. Most places are pretty traditional, but there's a growing number of international options, including Chinese, Italian and Mexican.
• Ginger & Gin – Located inside the casino, this restaurant has a great Asian menu as well as other options like steak, ribs and fish, as well as around 100 types of gin.
• The Drop Inn – In the middle of Bad Gastein, pop in to enjoy a varied International menu with a relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff and great selection of drinks on offer.
• The Corner – If you're looking for a bite to eat that's tasty and great value for money, this is the place. As the only sports bar in Bad Gastein, it can get lively, and you'll find a pool table and darts too. The pizza here is highly recommended.
• Bellevue Alm (Stubnerkogel piste) – One of the oldest ski lodges in Europe, this place is known for it’s cosy atmosphere and traditional Tyrolean menu.
• Aeroplanstadl (home run to Bad Hofgastein) – A must-try for its huge terrace, buzzing après, delicious apple strudel and original toilets.
• Rossalm (Stubnerkogel piste - just above resort) – Easily accessible for skiers or walkers alike, it's a great lunch stop or for an evening meal out. A varied and interesting menu with a cosy atmosphere. The salmon and avocado wrap is recommended here.
Compared to neighbouring Bad Hofgastein, Bad Gastein has a much more bustling après scene. Starting in the early afternoon and continuing into the early hours, you'll find cosmopolitan cocktail bars, sports bars and even an excellent casino.
• Bellvue Alm – Stop off at this impressive umbrella bar for outdoor (or indoor) fun in the snow as you make your way back down the mountain.
• Haggblom's Bar – From live, international artists to DJs and themed nights, the party is guaranteed to last until morning.
• Lederhosenbar – This is the smallest, but craziest, Austrian après bar. Tap your feet to the live music while drafting your own pint from your own table.
• Silver Bullet Bar – Head to the busiest bar on the strip. Live music is always on the cards, as well as a wide selection of nibbles to satisfy your afternoon cravings.
• H3 from the top of the cable car is wide and ideal for beginners - and you can follow it down to Angertal.
• Head to the top of the Stubnerkogl and walk across the suspension bridge for incredible views.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance from our team.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your holiday.
Our friendly airport team will meet you on your arrival and get you on your way to resort. Crystal reps will be available when you get to Bad Gastein to ensure that you have everything you need to hit the mountain on the first day. If you need anything during your trip, just check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat. If you need assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
When you arrive in Bad Gastein, the coaches aren’t able to take you right up to the door of your accommodation. Instead, you’ll be dropped off at a central location in resort. From here, a smaller vehicle will pick you up and drive you the rest of the way through the pretty streets to your accommodation.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.