Hotel Nordic, El Tarterin , Andorra
- Ski-in, ski-out location, 10-minute walk to the El Tarter gondola.
- Excellent facilities including an indoor pool, bowling alley and gym.
- Bar and lounge area with an outdoor terrace, where you can have dinner.
- Evening entertainment and live music.
Suitable for those with reduced mobility
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
The Hotel Nordic is a charming mix of Catalan architectural style and Scandinavian materials - plenty of dark wood complementing an impressive central atrium.
It sits right at the foot of the El Tarter slopes, so you can ski right back to the hotel. It’s only 10 minutes’ walk to the gondola and five minutes to the village centre.
In terms of facilities, there’s everything from an indoor pool and gym to a bowling alley and games room to stay active off the piste, while those looking to relax can enjoy hot tubs, saunas, solariums or just a drink in the bar.
There’s free WiFi down in the reception area and lounge, so you can sink into one of the big sofas or Instagram the classic cars dotted around. The rooms are spacious and finished to a high standard - plus they all come with a balcony to help you take in the valley views.
Dinner is taken either in the large dining room, or out on the terrace overlooking the slopes. There’s a hot and cold breakfast buffet in the morning, with a variety of international dishes served during three-course buffet evening meals.
The hotel is perfectly-placed at the bottom of the Esquirol and Gall de Bosc blue slopes that wind back down from the wider Grandvalira ski area. It’s a 10-minute walk to the TC10 El Tarter gondola, or a just a 1-minute walk to the TSD4 El Tarter chairlift, which both take you up to the beginners area, viewpoint and café.
It’s a roughly 5 minute walk down into town, with the various amenities on offer, although the meals and facilities at the Nordic are so good, you’ll rarely need to venture out. If you want to catch the free ski bus up to Soldeu, then that’s also down on the main road that splits El Tarter from the hotel access street.
· excellent ski-in, ski-out location · 10-minute walk to the TC10 El Tarter gondola · 5 minutes' walk to the El Tarter village centre · 5 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop · 5 minutes' bus ride to Soldeu
All rooms have a satellite TV, extra charge for WiFi (€5 per day) and extra charge for safe (€3 per day).
Twin Room - sleeps 1-3: Twin beds, single pull-out bed*, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Twin Room with Piste View - sleeps 1-3: Twin beds, single pull-out bed*, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and piste views.
*These are small chair pull out beds and are most suited to children.
· indoor pool · hot tub, Turkish baths and steam room · extra charge for sauna and massage · fitness room · bar and terrace · lounge area · games room · extra charge for ten-pin bowling (€3 per person per game) · TV room · evening entertainment and live music · ski lockers · free WiFi in reception (€5 per day in rooms) · lift to all floors · 120 bedrooms
· buffet breakfast · 3-course buffet evening meals with a choice of main course, and salad, starter and dessert buffets · New Year's Eve gala dinner included
Step straight onto the slopes from your hotel and avoid any awkward ski bus transfers.
Gym and fitness centre
There's a gym or fitness centre available here.
WiFi is available at this accommodation.
This hotel has an indoor pool.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.