Ski pack information
Lift passes, ski/board hire and tuition
For greater convenience, pre-book your ski essentials; hire of skis and poles, board, boots, tuition and lift passes, with details confirmed on your Invoice. Costs detailed here may be different to resort prices. A saving cannot be guaranteed when a ski pass covers both high and low season. Crystal reserve the right to increase the costs at any time or to withdraw products or services including the Special Offers mentioned on the various resort pages. In this event, customers who have not already purchased ski pack requirements will be able to make arrangements in resort.
Ski hire levels are standard, intermediate and advanced. Most modern skis are now carving skis. Intermediate skis will be newer models usually not more than two years old (except Bulgaria and Slovenia) with higher performance and suitable for more types of terrain. Advanced skis are newer and high performance skis. In some resorts we also now offer expert skis.
- Ski pack advance purchases cannot be made within 72 hours of departure, but our local rep will be able to assist you with arrangements locally at the prevailing local rate, which may have varied from that previously indicated.
- Some offers may not be available locally and have to be pre-booked.
- In Bulgaria as resort prices are considerably higher, we would strongly recommend that you pre-book your lift pass and equipment at time of booking.
The overall ski areas covered by lift passes advertised and sold by Crystal occasionally may be subject to change by local lift companies/resort authorities and is outside our control. Should this situation arise, this may reduce the number of pistes and ski area available.
In many resorts there are reductions in prices for senior and younger passengers. Details of eligible age ranges are on the relevant resort pages. The local lift companies may amend the age ranges and available reductions at their discretion, which is outside of our control and where this occurs, any refund or supplementary amount due will be payable either in advance or locally.
You may need a lift pass photo, although most resorts no longer require them. Please check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app to confirm.
Lift pass price promise for North America:
- We will not match lift ticket prices when they involve booking other components to qualify.
- You must be legally able to book the lift ticket to qualify.
- If we are unable to match the lift ticket price we will give the best discount possible at the time.
If you require boot size 11 or over it is recommended you purchase your own boots prior to departure. Please note that, unless pre-booked, we cannot guarantee availability of hire equipment.
Children's equipment rental usually applies up to a child height of 1.5m, shoe size 36 and ski/board length up to 1.5m, although this varies by resort and supplier. Where we have specified a maximum age for children's equipment, this rule applies as long as the child's height and shoe size do not exceed those stated on the resort pages. Any equipment rental outside the limits set by the supplier will need to be upgraded to adult rental.
Ski helmets are either recommended or compulsory for children under 15 years in most countries.
The number of hours of tuition varies between resorts and lesson type. On each resort page we provide the most up to date information that we have about timings and lengths of lessons but these are subject to change by suppliers, which is out of our control. The prices quoted are normally by lesson type and therefore where the hours/timings are varied, refunds are not usually due. Where there is a material change to the pre-booked lesson e.g. the supplier reduces the number of days in a package, then we will refund the difference between the two product packages.
- In peak periods in the resort, ski schools often change, reduce or alter the timing of their lessons.
- There may be other nationalities participating in group lessons.
- The availability of lessons is dependent on minimum numbers and time of year and on occasion, it may be necessary for the ski school to reduce the number of hours of tuition when minimum group size for a class is not reached. In most Italian and some French resorts, when minimum numbers are not reached, private tuition for less hours will be offered. No guarantee of availability can be given in low season.
- In some resorts English-speaking instructors may not always be available, particularly at peak times.
- Off-piste courses are very much dependent on weather conditions and subject to minimum numbers. If joining one of these courses you must be able to ski to the stated level and have adequate insurance cover otherwise you will not be allowed to participate.
Children's ski school
In selected resorts child ski school will only run if sufficient children are booked in. If numbers are low, children may join adult ski school. For young children learning to ski the minimum age depends on the child's ability, and ski school facilities. For children under 6 years skiing for the first time, it may be recommended that the child goes to kindergarten in order to familiarise them with skis in a controlled environment rather than on the slopes. However for a younger child who already has its first level of children's ski school, or equivalent, ski schools will readily accept them in their classes.
First-time ski or board packages
Where available these are strictly for complete beginners only and have to be pre-booked in the UK. A complete beginner is defined as somebody who has never skied or snowboarded before. If you are not a beginner you will be required to upgrade in resort. The package may include beginner tuition and rental of a suitable standard of equipment. Tuition timings may vary between resorts. A lift pass is normally included in the package, although in some resorts this may be a special beginner lift pass which offers limited access to the ski area, or the duration of the lift pass may be less than 6 days. Please refer to relevant resort page for details.
Improver ski or board packages
These packages also need to be pre-booked in the UK. Where available these are for people who have skied/boarded previously and include lift pass, tuition and rental of a suitable standard of equipment. Please see relevant resort page for the detail as they vary between resorts.
For both packages the savings mentioned are against a price usually consisting of 6 day lift pass, 6 day suitable equipment and relevant tuition.
Changes and cancellations
Alterations or cancellations to ski pack bookings can be made before you travel by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. An admin fee may apply.
We can't cancel or refund unwanted lift passes, equipment or lessons during or after your holiday. For this you'll need to contact your insurance company for any refund due to sickness.