Well known for a vast array of fabulous restaurants with over 70 to choose from. Typical 3-course meal from approx. Chf 50 · Brown Cow Snack Bar for great burgers, Stockhorn Grill or The Spaghetti Factory.
If having an early night really isn't for you, you'll be glad to know that Zermatt is bustling with fantastic nightlife - even if you don't have a huge budget.
- The Hennu Stall - This is the most popular bar in resort, considered the Swiss Folie Douce, and has huge crowds, table-top dancing and, of course, a hard-to-beat atmosphere.
- Snowboat - Next to the ski bus stop, this boat-shaped building has sofas on the roof, decorated like a yacht and serves beautifully-made cocktails, made with premium spirits.
- Pink Live Music Bar - Head here for the smooth sounds of soul, funk, jazz and RnB - a unique venue in Zermatt.
- Papperla Pub - Whatever you're drinking, you'll find it in this large venue. Well established and attracting a young crowd, this Irish-style pub come party grotto with outdoor terrace always has something going on.
- The Cable Car - Zermatt's newest sports bar has loads to keep you on your toes, from darts and table football to Sky Sports and open-mic nights.
large selection of stylish shops and boutiques, Zermatt museum, miles of cleared winter walkways (special walkers pass available locally)
Tips from our local team
- Hang back at the top of the Hohtail cable car - Red 44 is narrow and you can get stuck in a jam.
- From the Italian side, Red 69 will take you right under the peak of the Matterhorn.
As one of the most recognisable mountains you can’t really get away from the Matterhorn in Zermatt. The town sits in the valley below it and some of its best runs are situated just underneath it. If you’re skiing from the Italian side of Zermatt Red 69 will take you right underneath its peak, giving you the perfect excuse to stop for a photo and a breather.
Crystal rep service
We’ll drop you an email to introduce the team before you arrive and answer any questions you may have. When you arrive on holiday, we’ll meet you at the airport and sort out your lift passes, lessons and equipment so you can start cruising runs as soon as possible. Our reps in resort will be happy to share their best resort and ski area tips, as well as information on activities and après events. You’ll also find the same great tips in your info pack and on our Ski Explorer app. To get in touch, just call, text, tweet or email 24/7.
All Swiss transfers are with Swiss Rail and are unaccompanied. A 2nd class rail ticket is included. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.