Kranjska Gora's close proximity to Italy and Austria ensures that there's a great variety of international cuisine available. There are around 20, so more than enough choice for a week, and most of them are hotel-based. Sample the local fare or, if you fancy something more familiar, there's lots of pizza around too.
• Skipass Hotel - Stylish restaurant that's well-known for amazing food. The menu combines flavours from Slovenia, Austrian and Italy, and the dishes arrive looking like works of art. An expensive option but well worth it.
• Pri Martinu - Popular with locals, this traditional inn dishes out big portions of home-cooked food. Everything's good quality and the menu is huge.
• Shanghai - Fancy a change? Stop here for authentic Chinese food, with all the classics on offer. Try the 2,3 or 4-course set menu, and finish with fried ice cream.
• Hotel Kotnik - Try Slovenian and grilled dishes like beef noodle soup or sweet cheese and vanilla dumplings. Or head to the adjoining Pizzeria Pino, the oldest in the region, for delicious Slovenian pizza.
• Pension Lipa - One of the best in town, it has a reputation for fantastic food and friendly service. The wide menu includes game, seafood and pasta, and a choice of 25 different pizzas.
Kranjska Gora doesn't have any après on the mountain, but does have vibrant venues down in the village - perfect for a drink or two after a good day on the slopes. Definitely try some hot white wine whilst you're here, it's Slovenia's alternative to mulled wine.
· Vopa - This venue has a pub on the ground floor and a club downstairs, meaning you can have an epic night out without having to hop from place to place. It hosts several themed nights a week alongside karaoke and live music nights.
· Legends Pub - You'll find this traditional Irish bar inside the Ramada Hotel serving up world beer and whiskeys and treating its guests to live music, karaoke, pool tables and lots, lots more.
Tips from our local team
- Night skiing is included with your lift pass for two days, so you can test your skills on floodlit slopes.
- Many think that Pension Lipa restaurant is the best in town - it serves handmade pizzas and Slovenian favourites.
If you’re part of a mixed ability group then get together at The Bor restaurant (opposite the Crystal info point) – it’s really easy to get to for both skiers and non-skiers. If you want to play it safe, their pizzas are great, but the more daring may be tempted by their traditional Slovenian dishes.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
Our reps will meet you at the airport and help get your lift passes, equipment hire and tuition sorted. They’ll also be available in Kranjska Gora so, if you need anything during your trip, just check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.