Ljubljana 1hr 15 mins • Salzburg 3 hrs 15 mins
Great value for money both on and off the mountain.
· small beer £1.50
· bottle of house wine £7
· cup of coffee £1.30
· glass of coke £1.40
· 3 course menu from £12
Belfast City, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
Advanced ski rating
Intermediates ski rating
Beginner ski rating
So what's it like?
Beautiful scenery and a great value for money ski holiday.
Kranjska Gora, up in Slovenia's Julian Alps, is one of the best ski resorts in the world for beginners - everything is really geared up to help you make your first slides on snow a great experience. Kranjska Gora has a top-notch ski school that week-in, week-out gets their students from zero to hero - so you'll be in safe hands when learning the basics. If you've progressed past the nursery slopes though there are still some challenging runs to get stuck into - all the way up to a black run used for FIS World Cup races.
Kranjska Gora is a fairly small resort and ski area - great for younger families. It has a picturesque village and is just a few miles from both the Italian and Austrian borders. There's some vibrant après ski in the village if you want it, but if you prefer to keep things low key then that's not a problem either.
This family-friendly resort has some really fantastic hotels - providing you with high standards of accommodation and service to match - and all at fantastic value for money prices.
Also, if you have young children, look out for our fantastic Pepi Penguin & Whizz kids' clubs in Kranjska Gora. Qualified childcare specialists are on hand daily for skiing and non-skiing children from 6 months to 12 years. The kids' clubs are available to book from whichever hotel you choose in Kranjska Gora - although for ultimate convenience, stay at the Hotel Alpina where both clubs are based.
2 for 1 Equipment
Next season if you don't have your own gear or if you simply want to remove the trouble of transporting it, then take advantage of this offer now.
Available from Dec 14-Apr 15. Terms apply.
2 for 1 Ski carriage
Next season bring your own equipment and save with this 2 for 1 offer on ski/board carriage.
Available from Dec 14-Apr 15. Terms apply.
Pepi penguin childcare
The Pepi Penguin Club available here - (6mths-4yrs) is run by our own qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room within the hotel equipped with games, toys and a special sleep area. Outdoor play included (weather & parental consent permitting).
The Whizz Kids Club available here - (3yrs-11yrs) will provide plenty of fun filled days as our childcare staff offer a combination of care for non-skiing children. For children wanting to ski then our Whizzclusive option is available for children from 5 years which includes 6 x AM ski lessons, pick up and drop off from ski lessons, lunch and afternoon care by Crystal staff in the dedicated Whizz Kids club room.
A great resort for beginners with gentle nursery slopes conveniently situated close to the village and most hotels. Our 'First time' package offers excellent value for money for first-time skiers.
Intermediates will gain maximum advantage from the wide variety of runs on the Vitranc, not only because of the diversity of terrain, but also because of the fantastic descent through the tree lined pistes.
Experienced skiers should immediately head for the challenging black pistes of the Podkoren Mountain, where they will also have the opportunity to tackle the World Cup slalom run.
Kranjska Gora offers plenty of lively and cheerful places after a good day out on the slopes:
• Papa Joes
• Prisank coffee bar
A wide range of activities for the whole family are available in Kranjska Gora.
• Ice skating rink
• Swimming pool complex
• Indoor tennis
• Excursions to Ljubljana and Bled
Please note: Certain activities are snow dependent and some are not suitable for young children.
The close proximity of Italy and Austria ensures a huge variety of international cuisine.
· The Lipa and Pri Martinu both serve great food
· Try the Spagetteria for Italian food
· The Kotnik is also a favourite
One way (arrival) from £13pp
Return from £40pp
One way (arrival) from £26pp
Return from £76pp
Kranjska Gora is a great choice for families with a Crystal-run Pepi Penguin club and Whizz Kids club in the resort. These are located at the Hotel Alpina (open to all guests in Kranjska Gora). To ensure your child's place pre-book now, call 0871 231 2256*.
The Pepi Penguin Club - (6mths-4yrs) is run by our own qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room within the hotel equipped with games, toys and a special sleep area. Outdoor play included (weather & parental consent permitting).
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm plus Snuggle Club in selected properties (7.30pm to 9.30pm), or
- Morning only care from 8.30am to 2pm, including lunch, or
- Afternoon only care from 2pm to 5pm
- 2 course hot lunch (for children attending Full day and Morning only clubs)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- A daily routine and activities report for your child
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bumboarding, snowy walks, gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
The Whizz Kids Club - (4yrs-11yrs) will provide plenty of fun filled days as our childcare staff offer a combination of care for non-skiing children. For children wanting to ski then our Whizzclusive option is available for children from 5 years which includes 6 x AM ski lessons, pick up and drop off from ski lessons, lunch and afternoon care by Crystal staff in the dedicated Whizz Kids club room.
Pre-booking is essential
Special offers this winter
• Buy 1 get 1 half price adult First Time & Improver ski or board packs: valid for departures 11 & 18 January 2014 only
• 2 for 1 adult skis and boots for departures 11-18 January & all March 2014
Kids ski free
• Free skis & boots and/or tuition for first child: when 2 adults & 1 child pre-book skis & boots or tuition, first child receives the same for free - valid for all March 2014 departures
• Free skis & boots and/or tuition for second child: when 2 adults & 2 children pre-book skis & boots or tuition, second child receives the same for free - valid all departures
• Free child lift pass: when 2 adults pre-book 6 day lift passes 1 child receives a free lift pass - valid for all March 2014 departures
• Family lift passes: when 2 adults pre-book 6 day lift passes, first and second child receive free lift passes - valid for 11 & 18 January departures only
All offers are valid for new bookings only and cannot be combined.