- Superb snow conditions throughout the whole season.
- Excellent standard and variety of accommodations to choose from.
- A huge variety of activities on offer including dog-sledding, air-boarding, snow rafting and snowmobiling.
- Beautiful landscapes, a real winter wonderland.
- Quiet slopes and excellent ski schools, an ideal place to learn to ski.
- Free lift passes during low season.
So what's it like?
For an all round winter experience you can’t beat Norway.
Skiing is a way of life to the locals. There can be snow on the doorstep for up to six months each year – so the kids grow up as absolute naturals on the mountain. And with such reliable snow and perfectly groomed runs it’s no surprise they have produced more gold medals at the Winter Olympics than any other nation.
Skiing is a given - it’s a beginner and intermediates paradise. Hemsedal, Geilo and Beitostølen combined have around 100km of varied terrain between them – and the floodlit slopes mean you can keep skiing as late as 10pm. And there’s stuff to challenge even the most experienced Alpine skier. The parks are pretty nifty too. Then there’s cross-country (or Nordic) skiing – a chance to see the snowy landscapes from a different angle. Add to that the wealth of fun activities, including husky sledding, snowmobiling, ice-rally driving and ice fishing and you’ve got a fun filled week ahead of you.
We simply love the traditional log cabins out here - jam-packed with Nordic charm - and many have their own private saunas.
Whichever resort you choose expect quiet slopes, friendly people, great food and an incredible winter experience.
Take a look at our Crystal Ski Plus packages in Norway for winter 15/16. For one great price you’ll get:
- Lift Pass
- Ski or board hire OR carriage