An ideal choice for families with a variety of slopes for all abilities.
- Good childcare and kids' activities.
- Ski over the border to Montgenèvre in France.
- Quiet slopes and tiny queues.
Right on the border with France, Claviere connects to the Milky Way’s 400km of runs. Which means easy access to Sauze d’Oulx, Sestriere, Sansicario and Cesana, and to Montgenèvre in France. It’s got lots of high, open runs as well as lower, wooded slopes – mostly made up of red runs and lower-gradient black slopes – making it an ideal choice for intermediates and boarders. Claviere is renowned for its excellent snow coverage, short lift queues and empty slopes. The village itself is very quiet, with just a small selection of après bars.
Claviere’s a great resort for families. Its centre has an ice rink and the Grand Hotel Claviere offers all day childcare with plenty of activities, such as singing, arts and crafts and outdoor activities such as sledging and bum boarding. Evening care is available too if the grown-ups fancy a night out. If you’re after a livelier après scene, it’s best to head to Montgenèvre, just half an hour’s walk or quick taxi ride away.
1/3 off lift pass packages
Pepi penguin childcare
• Kids Savers: Free helmet hire for child aged 11 years and under when hiring skis/board and boots. Reduced priced lift pass for children born after 01/01/07
• Senior Savers: Reduced priced lift pass for adults born before 31/12/39