The selection of restaurants in Samoëns is gradually growing, and there's now around 40 places to choose from in town. A lot of them have an authentic feel and offer good home-cooked Savoyard food. There are also pizzerias and the odd upmarket option for when you fancy something a little more special.
• Mezzanine – A cosy, friendly ambience and surprisingly refined dishes, like pheasant terrine and duck breast with honey, as well as comforting fondue, raclette and tartiflette.
• 8M des Monts – The husband and wife team here put a creative spin on traditional recipes. The menu changes often, but everything is beautifully presented and delicious.
• La Table de Fifine – Warm up in this cosy wooden chalet, over hot fondue, raclette or pierrade. Or opt for one of the set menus to enjoy a range of dishes.
• L’Anfionne (bottom of Plein Soleil chairlift) – Modern yet cosy, this place has a big terrace with panoramic views – the perfect stop for a hearty lunch or just a hot chocolate.
• Le Blanchot (Serpentine piste) – Grab a seat on the terrace or balcony of this popular two-storey hut and get ready for a big lunch that’s easy on the wallet.
• La Pente à Jules (Almandine and Epicea pistes) – This place is right on the crossroads of a red and green run so it’s the perfect meeting point for mixed groups.
Samoens isn't a very well-known resort, so it's nightlife is very sparse. However, for good measure, there are a couple of places in resort where you can purchase a beer, or wine, or two.
• La Terrasse du Lac – This bar is a beautiful spot with a quiet terrace that overlooks the two lakes. They occasionally have organised themed nights, too.
• Au Pre d'Oscar – You'll be able to gape at 360º views from their large, sunny terrace, have a quick afternoon snack and sip a glass of wine before heading back down the mountain on the last lift.
• Covey's Irish Bar – If you're looking for busy, then you'll find it here. It's a typical Irish bar with lots of beers on tap, cheap prices and even a pub quiz. It's even busier on a Tuesday night when all the chalet staff are out in force.
The Christmas Village
This festive market takes place in the heart of the village, with ten colourful chalet stalls. Children can wear themselves out chasing after Santa's sleigh, or can delve into their imagination while listening to some fantastic Christmas stories.
• The Flaine bowl has some of the best blues, including Serpentine which links to other blues and reds.
• Mimmy's Crêpes is one of the cheapest places on the mountain to enjoy lunch with a view.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
As there won’t be a rep based in Samoëns, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.