Plagne Lauze: 1,800m Plagne Centre: 1,970m Belle Plagne: 2,050m
Chambery - 2 hours
Geneva, Grenoble and Lyon - 3 hours
Ski Train (Aime) - 30 minutes
• Cup of coffee from €3.50 • Small beer from €3.00 • Bottle of house wine from €10.00 • Raclette from €21.00 • Glass of coke from €3.00 • Vin chaud €3.00 • Mulled Wine from €4.00 • Sandwich from €5.00 • PIzza from €12.00 • Burger & fries from €12.00
Belfast (Aldergrove), Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cardiff, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Isle of man, Leeds/Bradford, Liverpool, London Eurostar Ashford, London Eurostar St Pancras, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Southend, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle, Southampton
Free ski/board social service
Ski area with glacier skiing
Pistes over 2,500m
Advanced Ski Rating
Intermediates Ski Rating
Beginners Ski Rating
So what's it like?
A group of villages spread across a vast exciting ski area
Part of the impressive 425km Paradiski area, La Plagne is a collection of small villages, each with its own distinct feel and character. The ski area is famed for its variety, from the long, tree-lined runs in Montchavin up to the deep powder located on the Bellecote glacier. In between the two you’ll find plenty of wide red and blue runs, perfectly suited for progressive beginners and intermediate skiers to build on their skill set. Or if you want to beat the crowds, then head over to Montalbert for some exhilarating long runs through the trees.
The heart of the resort is Plagne Centre. Accommodation is limited here but it’s where the majority of the shops and restaurants are located. The Hotel Terra Nova provides good access to the slopes, as well as great views over the valley. Below you have Plagne 1800, a small hamlet dominated by traditional chalets and the oldest part of the resort. Above Plagne Centre there are three more resorts, Plagne Soleil, Plagne Villages and Aime La Plagne, featuring a variety of self-catering accommodation options.
Hop on a bus a few minutes’ ride down the road and you’ll find Belle Plagne. This is the newest part of the resort with a mix of accommodation in a pretty and car-free setting. Finally, for those eager to make the most of their area lift pass, there’s Les Coches. It’s located on the other side of the mountain next to the Vanoise Express, which connects La Plagne to Les Arcs.
Ski Information Beginners
Gentle nursery slopes and excellent English speaking ski instructors ensure that novice skiers will soon be enjoying the multitude of blue and green runs across the resort.
Ski Information Intermediates
An absolute dream for intermediates. From exhilarating motorway skiing to quiet powder runs in the trees, La Plagne has it all! Try the long run down to Champagny from La Grande Rochette or discover the fabulous skiing on the Glacier de Bellecôte.
Ski Information Advanced
Expert skiers will relish this superb area. Try the glorious powder between the trees down to Les Coches, or attempt the dramatic near vertical 2000m drop off the north face of the Bellecôte glacier, for 15kms of skiing (with a mountain guide) or try the breathtaking 7km Aiguille Rouge in Les Arcs.
· wide variety of cafés and bars plus 4 discos · Loup Blanc and La Mine Bar (Plagne 1800), Cheyenne Café and Le Tet (Belle Plagne), Showtime Café & The Spitting Feathers après ski bar (Bellecôte) with live music and Luna Bar (Plagne Centre) · Petit Chaperon Rouge
Leisure centre with spa treatments and fitness, outdoor ice skating, outdoor swimming pool, parapenting
Massive choice throughout the villages· Fondues or raclette from around €20 · 3 course meal with wine for €25 · La Grange, Matafan and Le Bec Fin for local specialities. Try the traditional mountain restaurants including Le Petit Chaperon Rouge.
· Cleared winter walks · Cinemas with regular English films in Plagne Centre and Bellecôte · try the Olympic bobsleigh that sits just below the resort of La Plagne, a 10 minute bus ride away · visit the Igloo hotel for an unforgettable evening meal
From Chambery airport
One-way (arrival) from £39 pp.
Return from £76 pp.
One way helicopter transfer for up to 5 passengers are also available.
- Lots of long and wide runs.
- Variety of villages to ski to and stay in.
- Wide variety of accommodations for all customers.
Familiies get a choice of two Crystal Childcare facilities in La Plagne. You'll find Pepi Penguin (6mths-4yrs) & Whizz Kids (4-11yrs) Clubs in La Plagne 1800, situated next door to Chalet Rose, this club is available for anybody staying in Plagne 1800. The second Pepi Penguin & Whizz Kids Club is located at Hotel Terra Nova, located in Plagne Centre.
The Pepi Penguin Club - (6mths-4yrs) is run by our own qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room within the hotel equipped with games, toys and a special sleep area. Outdoor play included (weather & parental consent permitting).
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm plus Snuggle Club in selected properties (7.30pm to 9.30pm), or
- Morning only care from 8.30am to 2pm, including lunch, or
- Afternoon only care from 2pm to 5pm
- 2 course hot lunch (for children attending Full day and Morning only clubs)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- A daily routine and activities report for your child
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bumboarding, snowy walks, gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
The Whizz Kids Club - (3yrs-11yrs) will provide plenty of fun filled days as our childcare staff offer a combination of care for non-skiing children. For children wanting to ski then our Whizzclusive option is available for children from 3 years which includes 6 x AM ski lessons, pick up and drop off from ski lessons, ski hire, lunch and afternoon care by Crystal staff in the dedicated Whizz Kids club room.
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm plus Pyjama Club in selected properties (7.30pm to 9.30pm)
- 2 course hot lunch
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Whizzclusive only - 6 x am ski lessons, ski school drop off/pick ups. child's ski's, boots and helmet hire.
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bum boarding, bus bingo, snowman competitions, or a treasure hunt.
Both clubs operate for 6 days and must be pre-booked to guarantee a place.
All our staff are CRB and reference checked, first aid trained, English speaking and we always maintain the correct adult:child ratios. Our childcare is open to all guests staying in Plagne 1800 and Plagne Centre only.
Please note: Guests staying in Belle Plagne, Plagne Village, Aime La Plagne, Les Coches or Plagne Soleil should not book into Crystal childcare as it is a bus ride away and not convenient.
Buy a local area lift and receive a free upgrade to an area lift pass for departures on 10 Jan and 14 & 21 Mar
Kids ski free: free helmet for kids booking skis & boots
Senior savers: reduced lift pass prices for seniors 65-71yrs