With nearly 100 restaurants spread throughout the villages, La Plagne has an excellent choice of cuisines. It's not known for fine dining, but there's loads of good quality fare and comforting mountain favourites - think traditional French eateries and pizzerias, with a few other types of cuisine dotted around. Most importantly, every village has somewhere good to dine, so you don't have to travel far.
• Le Forperet, Plagne Montalbert - A chalet with its own farm that offers simple but delicious dishes like raclette, tartiflette, pierrade and loads of fondues. Lots of reciped use their homemade tomme cheese - not to be missed.
• Le Loup Blanc, Plagne 1800 - Traditional and welcoming, you can tuck into classic mountain cheese dishes and steaks, as well as some Asian-inspired options and delicious homemade desserts.
• L'Arlequin, Aime La Plagne - A real hidden gem, here you can get exceptional food in quaint surroundings. The fondue and meat dishes are classics, but they also offer favourites like pizza and burgers.
• Au Coin de Feu, Plagne Soleil - Modern mountain décor compliments the traditional menu, which includes indulgent raclette and meat cooked on an open fire.
• La Matafan, Belle Plagne - Arguably the best in Belle, take your time choosing from the small but very varied menu - from foie gras and scallops, to steak, duck and lamb shank, to mouthwatering desserts.
Due to La Plagne's fragmented nature, it can be a bit tricky to get around at night. However, there are a wave of different bars to choose from if you do decide to get out and about. You will find though, that Belle Plagne has the liveliest nightlife.
• Pub le Zing - This funky bar has various happy hours to get you into the swing of things so you can liven up for some dancing, darts and maybe a game or two of poker.
• La Mine Bar - Located in Plagne 1800, this traditional English pub has a real mining theme to it. From the lamps to the mining tools, it's a pretty unique, but popular, place - complete with live music, DJs and sports.
• Igloo Igloo - You'll find this bar in Plagne Centre. It's a funky and upbeat venue with DJs, bands and homemade cocktails. The bar itself is inside an igloo-shaped room with faux fur draped over the seats.
• Scotty's Bar - This ski-in, ski-out bar is ideal for a leisurely stop in the afternoon - it's got a huge terrace with phenomenal views. If you decide to stay a bit longer, you'll be entertained by live music, beer pong tournaments, raffles and fancy-dress challenges.
· Winter Walking Routes · Cinemas in Plagne Centre and Bellecôte · Visit the Igloo hotel for an unforgettable evening meal · Leisure centre with spa treatments and fitness
Tips from our local team
- The Mont Blanc run is one of the best in La Plagne - tree-lined and with stunning views.
- The Chalet de la Roche is the perfect place to stop for a hot chocolate in the sun.
Head to La Roche in the morning and enjoy some of La Plagne’s best tree-lined runs, we recommend the Andre Martzolf. This wide, lesser-know run is great for picking up some speed and working on your technique. The Chalet de la Roche at the bottom is a great place to stop for your 11 o’clock hot chocolate too, either on the sun terrace or huddled around the log fire.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
Our reps will meet you at the airport and help get your lift passes, equipment hire and tuition sorted. They’ll also be available in La Plagne so, if you need anything during your trip, just check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.