Magnificent lakeside resort with fantastic skiing opportunities.
- Cosmopolitan resort on the shores of Lake Zell, with a medieval centre, great shopping and loads of hotels.
- Cruise through the trees on the Schmittenhohe or head for the heights on the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier.
- Party till late at Villa Crazy Daisy, or enjoy a more relaxed kind of après at one of the many hotel spas.
On the shores of the Lake Zell within the shadow of the beautiful Hohe Tauern National Park, Zell am See is a great ski resort. Especially popular are the tree-lined runs that dominate the lower part of the mountain. Thanks to friendly slopes, a traffic-free centre and plenty of non-ski activities, Zell am See is a great choice for families and intermediate skiers. The car-free town centre has a wintry picture-postcard feel about it, with quaint cafés and restaurants alive with both locals and tourists.
During the height of winter the lake often freezes over, enabling you to walk from one side to the other – and even try some curling or skating too. If you feel like taking a break from skiing you can try plenty of activities including snowshoeing, cross-country and Nordic walking.
Plus the Kitzsteinhorn glacier is easily accessible by free local ski bus - all covered by your Zell am See-Kaprun lift pass.
New for winter 17/18 is an upgrade to the Areitbahn lift in Schüttdorf near to Zell am See. The state-of-the-art gondola will now carry 10 passengers per cabin, with the luxury of heated seats and free WiFi.
Top 3 accommodations in Zell am See
from £384 per person
from £528 per person
from £720 per person
£75 off per person
Excludes certain resorts in North America, Japan and Russia, see full terms and conditions for details.
Kids Ski Free
- Free lift pass for children aged 5 years and under.
- Free helmet for children when pre-booking skis and boots.
- Free ski and boot hire for all children aged between 3 and 10 years when two adults pre-book the same*. Please note: *Hire offer excludes Hotel Waldhof.