Hotel Rubin in , Austria
- 8 minutes' walk to Hochsöll gondola, 5 minutes' walk to nursery slopes and ski school meeting place, 1-minute walk to ski bus stop.
- Ideally located in the heart of Söll's lively après ski and nightlife scene.
- Three lively bars 'Red Horse', 'Sports Bar' and 'Irish bar' on the ground floor which are open late.
- Offers great value for money accommodation.
- An ideal choice for young people and groups.
Holiday Overall Rating
Food Quality Rating
So what's it like?
The words "party hotel" might put some people off - for others it might be just what they have been looking for. So here it is... The Hotel Rubin is a party hotel.
If your idea of a good night is being tucked up by 10pm with a nice warm cup of cocoa then you might want to consider a different accommodation. The Rubin has 3 of the best après and late night bars in Söll right downstairs on the ground floor below.
As comes with this sort of territory – expect some late night/early morning noise, the bars are often open until at least 3 or 4am. The excellent Wes and rest of the team at the Rubin are well aware of this and if you do need an earlier night just ask one of them for a set of ear plugs (or pack some just in case).
The Rubin isn’t just about partying though – they know you want to be on the slopes, getting some well earned shut-eye and also getting well fed.
The location for the slopes isn’t bad for Söll. The ski bus picks up and drops off almost next door to the hotel. Otherwise it’s a little less than 10 minutes on foot to the Hochsöll gondola.
The rooms are practical and comfy – if you’re sharing with friends some of the rooms have separate beds, otherwise you can get cosy in an Austrian twin – basically two beds that can’t be separated but you get all your own bed sheets. And loads of the rooms have balconies too.
And the food is simple, no-nonsense, hearty grub that fills up effectively and keeps you powering through.
All in all the Rubin has all the essential ingredients for a fantastic ski and après ski holiday – as long as you’re sixteen, sixty or anything in-between (or possibly over) and prepared for a bit of fun - you have been warned.
Buy 1 lift pass get 1 half price
Excludes certain departure dates, see terms and conditions for details.
Crystal Ski Plus for winter 15/16 – flights, transfers, accommodation, ski/board hire or carriage and lift pass all in one great value package
Ski Plus is available on 12 and 13 December 2015 and throughout January, February and March 2016 departure dates, excluding 13 and 14 February and 19 and 20 and 26 and 27 March 2016. Book by 30 November 2015.
· 1-minute walk to resort centre · 8 minutes' walk to the Hochsöll gondola · 5 minutes' walk to nursery slopes and ski school meeting place · 1-minute walk to ski bus stop
Twin room - for 2 people - for 2 people
with Austrian twin or separate twin beds.
Small room with balcony - for 2 people
with Austrian twin beds.
Double or twin room with balcony - for 2 people
with double bed or separate twin beds.
Triple room with balcony - for 2-3 people
with Austrian twin beds and single bed.
All bedrooms have private bath or shower, WC, cable TV, hairdryer and safe. Sole occupancy is available on request at a supplement.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· 22 bedrooms
Wine, dine and unwind
· dining room · 3 lively bars 'Red Horse', 'Sports Bar' and Irish pub 'The Dubliner' on the ground floor, open late
· buffet breakfast · 3-course evening meals with choice of main course · daily salad buffet
The Hotel Rubin operates as a 'party hotel' and is not available for children under the age of 16 years. The hotel has no lift.
Special offers from December 2015 - April 2016
· Free daily drink in the Red Horse sports bar.
Half board includes breakfast and evening meal.