Salzburg 2 hrs
• draught beer €3.20 • glass of house wine €3.00 • coffee €2.50 • sausage and chips €7
Glacier High Altitude Guaranteed Snow
Belfast City, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
So what's it like?
A beautiful Austrian town with world-class skiing
Schladming lies amidst the beautiful Dachstein Mountain region in the province of Styria. Four linked mountains provide the main ski area (111km of piste), and the region (Dachstein Tauern) also encompasses a number of smaller areas, including the Dachstein Glacier. Schladming will host the World Ski Championships in 2013 and has been investing heavily in new ski lifts. The area offers some superb diverse, skiing from pretty tree-lined runs to the more challenging downhill used annually for the men's World Cup night slalom. The large, bustling town of Schladming dates back to Medieval times and has lots to offer with pretty cafés, après ski bars and plenty of shopping.
The excellent Schladming ski school meets at Rohrmoos and the Planai nursery areas are extremely well-ordered with several gentle blues. The lower slopes of Rohrmoos are equally suitable for novices.
With its predominantly north-facing slopes, over 80 ski lifts and 170kms of pistes, the Schladming area is first rate for intermediates with some lovely cruising pistes and long runs such as the 4.6km Fis run and the almost 8km Hochwurzen valley run.
For the advanced skier, there are two world-class downhill runs of 5kms each in the Sport Region Schladming area. The Planai itself boasts a couple of very bumpy black runs. Hauser Kaibling hosts rounds of the World Cup Women's Downhill. The Dachstein Glacier is also available by ski bus (included on the lift-pass) thus guaranteeing snow.
Lively and cosmopolitan with a wide variety of atmospheric bars. Try:
· Siglu, Szenario, Hanglbar plus an excellent Crystal après ski programme.
· indoor swimming pool · indoor tennis · squash · ice skating · curling · sleigh rides · night skiing (1930-2200) · 7km toboggan track · Dachstein Ice Palace and Sky Walk
Good range of à la carte restaurants plus numerous little cafés and pizzerias · Typical 3 course traditional dinner from €15-20
· Shopping · Around 30kms of cleared winter footpaths · Excursions to Salzburg
One way (arrival) from £23 pp
Return from £44 pp
Special offers for holidays between Dec 2013 to Apr 2014
Kids ski free
• Free kids ski helmet hire when pre booking skis & boots.
• Free ski & boot hire for 1 child (up to and incl. 10 years) when 2 adults pre-book the same.
Minicard lift pass
• For children born 2008 or later €20 per child (available locally).