Salzburg - 1 hour 30 minutes
• Cup of coffee from €2.50 • Small beer from €3.00 • Bottle of house wine €15.00 • Schnitzel from €12.00 • Glass of coke from €2.50 • Schnapps from €3.00 • Sandwich from €3.00 • Pizza from €8.00 • Burger & fries from €8.00
Belfast (Aldergrove), Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
Free ski/board social service
Advanced Ski Rating
Intermediates Ski Rating
Beginners Ski Rating
So what's it like?
Beautiful alpine village, perfect for families and beginners
The quiet village, gentle slopes and easy transfer make Rauris a great option for first-time skiers or those looking to avoid busy, large resorts. It’s located alongside some of Austria’s highest mountains, between the Gastein Valley and Zell am See. Originally a goldminers' village it has now been transformed into a picturesque resort, perfectly situated to take advantage of the stunning surroundings of the Hohe Tauern National Park. The gold mining may have dried up at the beginning of the 20th century but these days Rauris still offers something special – un-crowded pistes and plenty of long, gentle blue runs.
Being relatively unknown is one of the truly great things about Rauris. It means the slopes aren’t overrun with visitors, especially useful if you’re just beginning to find your ski legs. Beginners couldn’t ask for a more perfect environment in which to learn and progress. Its close proximity to Salzburg airport also means short transfers.
If you fancy trying some of the wider alpine sports then there’s 30km of cross-country skiing to tackle. When the weather is right the Barbara Falls freeze solid. If you’re looking for even more adventure then try your hand at ice climbing, which is just south of Rauris.
2 for 1 lift pass
Book early and get on the slopes for less. Buy one adult lift pass and get another one free when you book your ski holiday today.
Hurry – availability is very limited for 2 for 1 lift passes for some hotels, resorts or countries and when they're gone the offer will end.
Certain departure dates are also excluded. See terms and conditions for details.
Ski Information Beginners
The Hochalm area is ideal for beginners. The nursery slopes are directly by the gondola station allowing easy access to the slopes. On some of the higher beginners slopes you can also take in the breathtaking alpine panoramas of some of the highest mountains in Austria. Taught by efficient and friendly ski instructors you will experience some of the best tuition in the area.
Ski Information Intermediates
The Kreuzboden and Waldalm areas have well groomed, wide, long red runs, excellent for improving your technique - accessed directly from the village by comfortable chairlifts.
Ski Information Advanced
A little known treasure! The black run from the Heimalm to the bottom of the gondola is really something special. There can also be priceless deep snow on unprepared pistes. Waldalm and Kreuzboden slopes give you a fantastic 3.3km run!
Take in the atmosphere with cosy mountain huts, après ski bars and lively umbrella bar. Try:
· Shakesbeer · S Pub · Bellino · Rauriser Stadl · Grimming Keller · Sportalm
bowling alley, curling,leisure centre, parapenting
Numerous restaurants offering traditional Austrian specialities, as well as international cuisine. Some to try: · Gusto (once awarded Gault Millau points) · Salzburgerhof s'pfandl · Grimming · Braü · Schüttgut · Sportalm · Andrelwirt
· Shops and supermarket (open Mon-Fri and Sat. am) · Souvenir shops · Banks and cashpoint · Rauris Schnapps distillery and micro-brewery · Alpine wildlife enclosure
One way (arrival) from £24 pp
Return from £44 pp
For children at ski school:
• Children's ski school train - A journey on the 'fun' train.
• Magic carpet (for the very little ones)
• Treasure hunt - Find the pirates' treasure.
• Ski race - The most exciting day of the week.
• Prize giving - Ski awards for everyone.
Kids ski free
• Free lift pass for children born 2009 or later.
• Free child helmet when pre-booking skis & boots.
• Children aged 4-5 yrs can take a trial day or half day lesson with the ski school. Bookable locally from approx €30.