Salzburg 2 hrs
• draught beer €4 • bottle of house wine €25 • coffee €2.40 • burger and chips €6.80
Belfast City, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
So what's it like?
Excellent snow conditions and ski runs for all abilities
Obertauern is Austria's only purpose-built resort where you can ski to and from the door of most of its modern, chalet-style hotels before sampling the lively après ski in the resort centre. Originally just a mountain pass, Obertauern is high and sits on the edge of the tree-line. The scenic peaks of the Tauern range surround the pass, allowing the lifts to fan out from a central point and create a superb natural circuit which can be skied in either direction. With its excellent snow record, variety of terrain (including excellent off-piste - conditions permitting) and good childcare facilities, this is an ideal choice for families and mixed ability groups.
Lots of action packed après and late night bars. Try: · Nanu Bar · Lürzer Alm · Gasthof Taverne - lively disco · Monkey Circus · People Bar · L'Atchen Alm
· bowling · squash · indoor tennis · fitness centre · night skiing · massage · sleigh rides
One way (arrival) from £26 pp
Return from £50 pp
Gnadenalm is located just 4km from Obertauern and here you will find a beautiful winter wonderland just waiting to be explored. The charming Gnadenalm Inn is one of the most rustic huts in Obertauern and has great food, drink and atmosphere. Gnadenalm is easily reached by the local bus or by car.
• Horse-drawn sleigh rides - a romantic sleigh ride through the winter's landscape from the Gnadenalm Inn along the valley and through the winter forest (approx. £12pp)
• Tobogganing - the exhilarating 1.5km sledding run is floodlit every evening and fun for all the family. A ski-doo sled taxi can also be booked for a unique journey up the mountain (approx. price £3pp per toboggan & £3pp per ski-doo taxi)
• Cross-country skiing - Gnadenalm boasts approx. 20km of trails and excellent snow conditions due to it's location at 1350m and the use of snowmaking machines. Trails run through glorious winter countryside, suit all levels and are expertly groomed for both classic and skating techniques. Lessons and equipment hire available at Gnadenalm.
• Snowshoe hikes - a winter adventure across powder snowfields, alongside frozen mountain streams and through tranquil woodlands
• Ice climbing - courses for all levels are available giving you an opportunity for extreme adventure, climbing frozen waterfalls and learning or developing your ice climbing skills (approx. £30pp)
Obertauern Ski School Obertauern is a great place for your children to learn to ski. You can be sure your children will get top class tuition and have loads of fun in ski school. Ski school runs from 10.00am-12noon and 1.30pm-3.30pm, with lunch and supervision available locally (extra charge), providing great fun for kids - but also for parents too.
Special offers for holidays between Dec 2013 to Apr 2014
• Free pick up by ski school bus from hotel, when pre-booking tuition.
• Free access to night skiing lifts with lift pass.
Kids ski free
• Free lift pass for children born after 2008 with paying adult.
• Free child helmet when booking skis and boots.
• Free ski and boot hire for 1 child when 2 adults pre-book the same.