Niederau has a small variety of restaurants, mostly based in hotels and serving typical Tyrolean food - simple but hearty and tasty. The usual international staples can also be found all over.
• Hotel Austria – Popular with locals for special occasions, they offer Austrian dishes made using family recipes passed down through generations, as well as their own versions of international favourites.
• Pizza Ferrari – A slice of Italy that snuck across the border - take your pick from a large range of authentic pizza and pasta, as well as classic desserts like tiramisu.
• Turnip Inn – Always popular with Brits for lunch, here you can fill up on a huge range of foods from the small but varied menu - schnitzel served in a brioche bun, steak pie, chicken kiev, fish and chips, ribs and chicken wings, plus lots more.
• Gipfö Hit (Schatzberg Peak) – Classic combination of a large terrace and breathtaking views, plus a cosy open fire inside and traditional mountain food.
• Böglalm (piste to Inneralpbach) – Popular with the locals, the battered wooden beams and rustic fare give character to this self-service restaurant.
• Rübezahl-Hütte (top of Markbachjoch gondola) – Cosy up next to the fire to tuck into familiar Austrian mountain dishes, and enjoy the view of the Wilder Kaiser.
In the afternoons, you'll find a mixture of relaxed and lively après bars around the gondola base station. After dinner, nightlife is a little more limited, though you will find a couple of places to keep your blood pumping.
• Schnappshute – Accessible straight off the snow, this is the liveliest bar in town. From Flugel parties to live music and happy hours, you won't want to leave.
• Flatscher Bar – Located on the main road near the sku bus stop, this bar has an incredible atmosphere with friendly staff and well-priced drinks.
• Dorfstub'n – There's no chance of boredom here with happy hours, darts, table football, Austrian nails and karaoke nights.
- Want to try something new? Snowshoes can be rented from Sport Thaler and Sport Blachfelder for free.
- If you're ready to move on from blue runs, try red 19 before moving on to the reds around Auffach.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and knowledge before, during and after your holiday - it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance via phone, email or even Twitter.
- Online info pack with tons of resort info and tips.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, snow reports, recommended routes and a friend finder.
- Weather, travel and resort updates via Facebook, Twitter or text message.
Our reps will meet you at the airport and help get your lift passes, equipment hire and tuition sorted. They’ll also be available in Niederau so, if you need anything during your trip, just check your info pack or the Ski Explorer app to find out where they’ll be, and come and have a chat.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.