Innsbruck - 1 hour 30 minutes
Salzburg - 2 hours 30 minutes
• Cup of coffee from €2.50 • Small beer from €3.20 • Bottle of house wine from €12.00 • Schnitzel from €18.00 • Glass of coke from €2.50 • Schnapps from €3.00 • Sandwich from €7.00 • Pizza from €8.50 • Burger & fries from €6.50
Belfast (Aldergrove), Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
Free ski/board social service
Less than 2 hour transfer
Advanced Ski Rating
Intermediates Ski Rating
Beginners Ski Rating
So what's it like?
With the new connection to Alpbach - now creating the fantastic Ski Juwel area with 145km of piste - perfect for families with an excellent ski school, and superb for intermediates
Niederau is in the Wildschönau valley – it’s picturesque and perfect for both families and beginners, with wide nursery slopes and easy to use drag lifts. There’s also the excellent Wildschönau ski school and our Pepi Nursery childcare. Snowboarders should watch out for a few flat sections and experienced skiers will probably need a little more challenging terrain. Luckily it’s a free bus ride to neighbouring Auffach. The new link over to Alpbach has opened up the Ski Juwel’s full 145km - all covered by your pass. Niederau has a nice mix of relaxed and lively après bars mostly around the gondola base station.
Once you’re up the Markbachjoch gondola you’ll have great views around the Kitzbüheler Alps. Head back down after a day on the slopes and enjoy the après, including the Schnappshütte, which has daily special deals and free WiFi. Nightlife is a little more limited, but the Cave Bar is one of the most popular haunts, especially for karaoke and Elvis lovers.
There are also a few shops and a decent supermarket with a great deli counter – perfect for grabbing lunch on the go. For something a little different you could give tobogganing or horse-drawn sleigh rides a try. Families after a change of scenery should head over to nearby Wörgl for the excellent Wave Water Adventure World, home of the L2, the world’s first double looping water slide, and a modern luxury spa.
Buy 1 lift pass get 1 half price
If you buy a lift pass then help yourself to a second one at half price.
Excludes certain departure dates, see terms and conditions for details.
Pepi penguin childcare
The Pepi Penguin Club available here - (6mths-4yrs) is run by our own qualified childcare staff and held in a dedicated room within the hotel equipped with games, toys and a special sleep area. Outdoor play included (weather & parental consent permitting).
Ski Information Beginners
Niederau is one of the top resorts for learning to ski, with a high standard of instruction and a wide variety of beginner runs just on the edge of the village.
Ski Information Intermediates
There are plenty of challenging runs for the intermediate skier with long interesting pistes and pretty tree-lined skiing. Excellent for second/third timers who want to explore further afield with some excellent red runs at Auffach, connected by the free ski bus.
Ski Information Advanced
Better suited to beginner and intermediate skiers Niederau can still offer the advanced skier some exciting off-piste skiing, and there are 4 decent black runs in the valley.
Niederau has several bars and a night club. Try: • Cave Bar • O'Malley's • Café Treff • Flatscher Bar
· Sleigh rides · winter walks · Innsbruck Olympic bobsleigh · cross-country skiing · quiz nights · snow tubing
One way (arrival) from £23pp
Return from £44pp
Other information - Cities
Winter Wonderland Resort:
The Wildschönau valley is a true winter wonderland and with so many different ways to experience it, a great choice for non-skiers too. Free with your guest card you can take the ski bus which links Niederau to the villages of Oberau, Mühltal and Auffach along the valley to enjoy a variety of winter activities:
• winter walking - escape from the bustle of the ski pistes and discover the peace and tranquility of breathtaking mountain scenery with 40km of cleared pathways
• nordic snow walking - this up and coming popular sport can be enjoyed in the winter too, with 3 circular winter trails in the Wildschönau area this is a great way to explore the surrounding countryside
• cross country skiing - there are 50km of trails in the Wildschönau area including a 20km track from Niederau Penning to Oberau, fantastic exercise in stunning scenery
• tobogganing - the 5km toboggan run from the mid-station of the Schatzberg gondola back down to the village of Auffach is great fun for all the family
Our pre-bookable Winter Wonderland experience for only £85 includes:
· trip to Innsbruck (by train with taxi transfer to Wörgl station) - explore the capital of the Tirol with its charming and historic old town centre
· sleigh ride - take a romantic sleigh ride through spectacular mountain scenery
· fondue evening - enjoy traditional Austrian food and atmosphere
(not available for departure of 12/12)
The Harfenwirt hotel is host to our children's club in Niederau - Pepi Penguin, run by our highly trained Crystal childcare team.
Pepi Penguin Club is for the little ones (6mths-4yrs) our team have planned lots of activities including outdoor play, arts and crafts, toys and games to keep them entertained for hours.
- Full day care from 8.30am to 5pm plus Snuggle Club in selected properties (7.30pm to 9.30pm), or
- Morning only care from 8.30am to 2pm, including lunch, or
- Afternoon only care from 2pm to 5pm
- 2 course hot lunch (for children attending Full day and Morning only clubs)
- Snacks and drinks throughout the day
- A daily routine and activities report for your child
We're also really keen to take in some fresh mountain air each day, so aim to have an outdoor activity at least once a day, may be sledging, bumboarding, snowy walks, gondola ride or snow painting. And if your child is used to a sleep, we'll factor that in too.
Niederau Ski School
Niederau is a great place for your children to learn to ski. You can be sure your children will get top class tuition and have loads of fun in 'Bobo's Kid's Club'. Ski school runs from 10.00am-12noon and 1.30pm-3.30pm, with lunch and supervision available locally (extra charge), providing great fun for kids - but also for parents too!
Kids ski free
• Free lift pass for children born 2009 or later.
• Free child helmet when pre-booking skis and boots.