Innsbruck - 2 hours 15 minutes
• Cup of coffee from €3.00 • Small beer from €3.50 • Bottle of house wine €20.00 • Schnitzel from €15.00 • Glass of coke from €3.50 • Schnapps from €3.50 •Sandwich from €9.00 • Pizza from €10.50 • Burger & fries from €12.50
Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
Advanced Ski Rating
Intermediates Ski Rating
Beginners Ski Rating
So what's it like?
Exceptional quality resort, the place to be seen!
Lech and neighbouring Zürs combine well-groomed pistes, deep snow and a fast and modern lift system with top hospitality and beautiful scenery. Both are a must for powder lovers who also like a little luxury. Warm welcomes and incredible skiing are rounded off with a touch of sophisticated class - the towns are known as much for their quality hotels, fine dining and après as for their pristine pistes. Lech and Zürs are part of the Arlberg Ski Circus, so your pass covers 340km of high altitude skiing - including the new direct link to Warth and Schröcken.
Beginners have lots of choice, from nursery slopes to forgiving blues. Intermediates usually head for the famous White Ring, taking in the scenery from Lech to Zürs and back to Lech – but conditions can make it tricky. Black runs are few and far between locally, however there’s an awful lot of off-piste to discover for advanced skiers.
You don't have to ski in Lech and Zürs to enjoy the mountain scenery. There’s 20km of marked cross-country trails and winter footpaths, and the floodlit toboggan run from Oberlech to Lech is guaranteed fun. Foodies will have as much fun off the slopes as on them. Book well in advance for a table at the multi award-winning Griggeler Stuba in Lech or Die Ente in Zürs.
Ski Information Beginners
Lech offers gentle nursery slopes, which are located beside the village centre. Long, wide, groomed blue runs are the order of the day.
Ski Information Intermediates
Tremendous terrain for the intermediate skier. Countless opportunities open up from Lech via the central Schlegelkopf or Schlosskopf lifts. From the other side of Lech centre you can access the slopes of Zürs via the Rufikopf lift. With its amazing ski-in/ski-out location these areas offer a huge variety of blue and red runs.
Ski Information Advanced
The best and the most challenging off-piste skiing can be found in Lech with plenty of testing black runs and routes.
Outdoor bars and cafés line the main street where there's a fun, friendly après ski atmosphere. Try: • Tannenbergerhof • s'Pfefferkörndl • Fux • Scotch Club • Gasthof Post
Curling, leisure centre with indoor golf, outdoor ice skating, sleigh rides, winter feeding of high-alpine game
There are over 55 restaurants available, from cosy inns to well-known gourmet restaurants, some with international awards.
· Shops · Banks and cash machines · Post office
One way (arrival) from £30 pp
Return from £58 pp
Other information - Cities
You don't have to ski in Lech to experience the stunning mountain scenery. As a traditional winter sports destination you can have as much fun off, as on the piste. Some of the highlights include:
• 20km of winter footpaths taking you out of the pretty village and into the surrounding picturesque landscape. Alternatively take a snowshoe walk into a hidden winter world of nature and tranquility. Guided walks are offered including full moon night tours for a truly unique experience.
• Try cross country skiing with over 20km of marked trails around the area. Equipment and lessons can be booked locally.
• Fly down the spectacular floodlit toboggan run from Oberlech to Lech, an exhilarating experience for all ages!
• Take a horse drawn carriage ride. From the wooden covered bridge in Lech you can relax and absorb the scenery on a romantic sleigh ride. Take a one way ride to Zug and walk back along the valley or enjoy a trip around Lech by night.
Local area rep. We'll give you a call to say hi once you've settled into your accommodation. We'll get you sorted with your lift passes, lessons and equipment so you can settle in and get on the slopes as soon as possible. You can also find our phone number, lots of tips, activities and après events in your info pack. We've got loads of insider tips for your ski resort. Just call 24/7.
Ski Kindergarten: The Ski Kindergarten combines ski and play - 45 mins of skiing morning and afternoon, plus tobogganing, building snowmen, crafts and more. Pre bookable for £255 for 6 days (sun-fri 9.00-16.00)
Snowman lift pass
• For children born 2009 or later €10 per person (available locally).
Senior lift pass
• Adults born 1939 or earlier pay €105 for a season pass or €20 for one day, €40 for 2 days €60 for 3 days or €80 for 4 days (available locally).