Innsbruck - 1 hr 45 mins
Birmingham, Edinburgh, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
So what's it like?
Charming Tirolean village with family friendly skiing & easy access to Ischgl
The small village of Galtür is quieter than neighbouring Ischgl and has a cosy, Tirolean atmosphere with fantastic facilities for families. Galtür's Silvapark ski area is just a 5 minute bus ride from the village and offers 40km of pistes and dedicated areas for children, teenagers, off-piste and freeriding as well as cross country skiing, snowshoeing and winter walking. With the Silvretta area lift pass, Ischgl is easily accessible by the freeski bus (approx. 18 minutes bus ride) giving access to this fantastic ski area - 330kms of pistes, amazing off-piste and some of the best snowboarding in the Alps.
Galtür has some nice, gentle nursery slopes. Under the expert supervision of the local instructors, you will begin on the Wirl beginner lift and progress on to the Soppalift. As your confidence grows you may even progress higher into the ski area to enjoy the longer blue runs and the amazing views from the top.
The slopes of the Kopsalpe ski bowl in Galtür, above the lake of 'Kopssee', offer an excellent selection of red runs. Nearby Ischgl also has some great runs in the Alp Trida and Palinkopf areas. An absolute must during your stay is the 12km run from the top of Ischgl's Palinkopf down into Samnaun in Switzerland.
There are a good range of on-piste blacks in Ischgl and some fantastic touring routes. The area really comes into its own, at Galtür and Ischgl, when you take a guide and head for the off-piste, for which the area is renowned.
Galtür is fairly quiet but has a few good bars. Try: · Postillion (Hotel Post) · Tommy's Garage · Der Silbertaler · s'Linard · Huberstadl · Pyramide (Hotel Luggi) · s'Platzli · Alternatively there is a 24 hour taxi service to Ischgl (10 minutes' ride)
· Ice skating · Curling · Horse drawn sleigh rides · Bowling · Snowshoe & winter walking · 74km cross country skiing · Squash · Sports and Cultural Centre with indoor swimming pool with waterfall, massage jets and 45m fun slide, mother and child pool area · Weekly night skiing · 14m indoor climbing wall · Paragliding
Galtür has a number of restaurants offering great traditional Tirolean food and Leo's Pizzeria for those looking for something less traditional! Try: · Alpenrose · Landle · Paznaunerhof
· Banks · Shops
One way (arrival) from £30 pp
Return from £58 pp
Galtür is a great choice for families with dedicated ski school areas, fantastic facilities and services for children:
• Two dedicated kids' ski school areas: Dwarf World with magic carpet, slide, igloo and easy slalom run for younger kids and Adventureland with a fairy tale forest, tunnels and giant slalom run.
• Kids' ski race every Friday with electronic timing, prize giving, medals for all children and children's disco. Free to all children in ski school
• Guest kindergarten for non-skiing children from 2yrs. Sunday-Friday from 9.30am-12.00am and 1.30pm-4.30pm. Lunchtime supervision on request. Prices start from approx. £7 per half day.
• Children's swimming area at the public indoor pool. Perfect for young children with a slide, water jet, water hedgehog and toy rhino.
Special offers for holidays between Dec 2013 to Apr 2014
Kids ski free
• Free Galtür Silvapark lift pass for children up to 7yrs incl. (when accompanied by a parent).
• Family Galtür Silvapark lift pass available saving up to 20%.
• Free child helmet when pre-booking skis & boots.
• Free ski and boot hire for 1 child when 2 adults pre-book the same.