Innsbruck - 20 minutes
• Cup of coffee from €3.00 • Small beer from €3.00 • Bottle of house wine from €18.00 • Schnitzel from €14.00 • Glass of coke from €2.50 • Schnapps from €3.00 • Sandwich from €7.00 • Pizza from €8.00 • Burger & fries from €9.50
Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
Advanced Ski Rating
Intermediates Ski Rating
Beginners Ski Rating
So what's it like?
Snow-sure skiing from this pretty, traditional ski village
As a venue for the Winter Olympic Games in 1964 and 1976, Axamer Lizum is a snow sure domain that offers spectacular views of Innsbruck and the surrounding region.
The hotels and après ski offered are in the attractive Tirolean village of Götzens from where the 8-seater gondola connects you straight through to the Muttereralm ski area. Alternatively take the free ski bus (20-25 minutes) to Axamer Lizum.
Ski Information Beginners
The 'Magic Mountains' ski instructors will patiently ensure that you make the most of your first ski holiday. The nursery area around the base of the main ski area has plenty of gentle runs on which to gain confidence, with the inspiration of the stunning mountain scenery all around.
Ski Information Intermediates
With a multitude of long red runs and a good snow record, Axamer Lizum ski area is an undisputed paradise for intermediates. The men's Olympic downhill run from the top of the Hoadl (2,340m) is a challenge not to be missed.
Ski Information Advanced
This former Olympic resort offers some good challenges. Advanced skiers will relish the steep men's slalom run from the top of the Birgitzkopfl whilst the ski routes from the Hoadl offer a good challenge especially after a fresh snow fall. The wonderful 7km home run also rounds off a day's skiing perfectly.
· Leuchtturm: Popular après ski bar.
· Götznerhof Disco: Great for cocktails and party nights.
· Movie Bar: Perfect for après ski with dancing continuing on 'til late.
• Ice skating in Götzens • horse-drawn sleigh ride • Innsbruck Olympic bob-sleigh • swimming, bowling and tobogganing.
· Gasthof Gruberwirt: Popular restaurant serving a delicious mix of local and international cuisine - with daily changing specials.
· Bini's: Stylish restaurant specialising in tapas and wine.
· Café Martina: Cosy café serving fresh coffee, cakes & snacks.
One way (arrival) from £8 pp
Return from £16 pp
Local area rep. We'll give you a call to say hi once you've settled into your accommodation. We'll get you sorted with your lift passes, lessons and equipment so you can settle in and get on the slopes as soon as possible. You can also find our phone number, lots of tips, activities and après events in your info pack. We've got loads of insider tips for your ski resort. Just call 24/7.
Kids ski free
• Free child's helmet when pre-booking skis & boots.