Innsbruck 1 hr 30 min
Birmingham, Edinburgh, London Gatwick, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle
So what's it like?
An idyllic resort with tree-lined pistes and charming chalets
The Alpbach and Niederau ski areas have been linked creating a combined amount of 145km of piste. The Ski Jewel area is now one of the largest in the Tirol and has perfect slopes for beginners and intermediates alike. There is also a good number of black runs and some off piste to keep the more advanced skiers happy. This superb area is covered on one lift pass and all ski buses are included.
Alpbach is one of Austria's most picturesque villages - a true winter wonderland. The sweeping ski slopes of the Alpbach area are amongst the most attractive in the Alps and you can enjoy relaxed après ski and a friendly atmosphere in the charming village centre.
Beginners use the excellent wide nursery slope in the village or are taken to the 'Wiedersbergerhorn'
(5 minute bus ride away) where the gondola takes you up to further nursery slopes at the 'Horn Boden'.
This area is an excellent choice for intermediates. The main skiing access is via the Wiedersbergerhorn gondola. You can enjoy long, often tree lined, red runs across the whole area, offering some beautiful views.
The off-piste run down to Hygna (only advisable with a guide) will excite the advanced skier and there are also some black runs to be found on the Wiedersbergerhorn.
Alpbach offers a few good bars and an informal night club:
· Jakober · Waschkuchl · Postalm
· Swimming · Snowshoe walking · Torchlight walks · Fondue evening · Sleigh rides · Floodlit tobogganing
A good variety of restaurants in and around Alpbach:
· The Post · Alphof · Berghof · Rosmoos · Messner's · Speciality meals include fondue evenings at Jakober or Rossmoos and Kaiserschmarrn at the Zottahof · 3-course evening meals from approx. €15-20
· Banks and cashpoints · Supermarket · Small selection of shops
One-way (arrival) from £24pp
Return from £45pp
Special offers for holidays between Dec 2013 to Apr 2014
• Advanced skis can be interchanged for a snowboard once weekly.
Kids ski free
• Free lift pass for children born 2008 or later.
• Free child helmet when pre-booking skis & boots.